|Also known as||School|
|Narrated by||Piotr Dobosz|
|Opening theme||Dawid Kwiatkowski – „Szkoła” (ep. 64-296)|
Dawid Kwiatkowski – „Niezniszczalni” (since ep. 297)
|Country of origin||Poland|
|No. of seasons||10|
|No. of episodes||709 + 1 (episode 0) (as May 31, 2019)|
|Running time||ca. 45 minutes|
|Original release||September 1, 2014 –|
Szkoła (English: School) is a Polish paradocumentary series first shown on TVN from 1 September 2014. The series is set in two fictional schools in Kraków, both named for Adam Mickiewicz - gymnasium no. 105 and licee no. 44. Each episode tells the story of a group of students (rarely of teachers), most commonly one from the gymnasium and one from the licee.
At its original conception, the series was entitled Nauczyciele (Eng: Teachers). It followed several other documentary series, including Szpital set in a hospital and Pamiętniki z Wakacji, set in the Canary Islands.
Most student characters appear only in a few episodes. The cast of teachers, however, is recurring and features the following.
- Tadeusz Piotr Łomnicki as Tadeusz Chlebowski, headteacher
- Maria Meyer as Maria Borkowska, deputy headteacher
- Sabina Głuch as Jolanta Żabińska, Polish teacher
- Joanna Litwin-Widera as Barbara Gruszka, biology teacher
- Dorota Godzic as Teresa Kremer, mathematics teacher
- Jagoda Pietruszkówna as Alicja Stańko, chemistry teacher
- Aleksandra Żurecka as Anna Turczyn, English teacher
- Karol Wolski as Piotr Gądek, IT teacher (ep. 0-125)
- Rafał Kosecki as Andrzej Lesicki, physics teacher
- Jan Mancewicz as Zbigniew Małek, history teacher
- Wolfgang Hofer as Dominik Huber, German teacher
- Patrice Nieckowski as Patrice Nieckowski, French teacher
- Konrad Pondo as Tomasz Dudziak, P.E. teacher
- Małgorzata Merwart as Karina Kłosek, IT teacher (since ep. 223)
- Pallus, Patryk. "Nowy serial „Szkoła" od września w TVN. Życie gimnazjalistów i licealistów". Wirtualne Media.
- Szewczyk, Łukasz. ""Nauczyciele" nowym serialem paradokumentalnym TVN". media2.pl.
|This Polish television programme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|