Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Urban regeneration and transformation of informal areas and settlements (gecekondu)
- Social housing projects toward the middle- and low-income categories
- Establishing model settlement units in our medium-scale provinces and districts
- Developing historic fabric and local architecture
- Educational and social facilities
- Reconstruction activities and disaster relief.
As of June 2017, TOKİ has delivered;
- Over 590,000 housing units, 86% of which are classified as social housing which targets lower income groups.
- 563 schools
- Over 10,000 social facilities including sport halls, cultural centers, libraries, mosques, commercial centers and hospitals.
TOKİ carries out mainly disaster relief and reconstruction activities worldwide, in cooperation with other international aid agencies.
Projects completed include;
- 1050 houses in Aceh, Indonesia
- 500 houses in Sri Lanka
- 4620 houses and 37 social facilities in Pakistan
- 200-bed hospital and 40-class nurse college in Somalia
- HABITAT Scroll of HONOR in 1994 for the Erzincan Earthquake Reconstruction Project.
- International Award for Entrepreneurship in Real Estate and Housing Development in 2008, Expo Italia Real Estate
- HABITAT Best Practice Award in 2008 for the Erzincan Çarşı Quarter Urban Renewal-Slum Transformation Project
- "TOKİ". www.toki.gov.tr. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Turkey Housing Agency Sees Record Business Worth $2.5 Billion". Bloomberg.com. 21 September 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "TOKİ | Toplu Konut İdaresi Başkanlığı". TOKİ. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "TOKİ > International Experience". www.toki.gov.tr. Retrieved 20 July 2017.