July 27, 1975 |
He started skating when he was six years old. He learned in-line skating as a teenager and began competing, eventually winning gold medals in X Games competitions.
In 2010, Taïg drops from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower (131 feet high) onto a massive vert ramp below, and breaks the world record for the highest inline skate jump. Rules state that he was required to be on his skates up to halfway around the corner at the bottom of the ramp; Khris slid the rest of the way down the ramp to avoid injury when impacting the barrier at the bottom. Confusion over this fact has led to many ridiculing the record.
In 2011, he set a new world record for a roller skating jump when he leapt 29m (95 feet) down a long ramp in front of the Sacre Coeur Basilica in Paris. He participated on TV show Danse avec les Stars (French version of Dancing with the Stars), he finished third.
In 2013 Taig Khris decided to put his energy into launching his own telecommunications company, Onoff telecom. This Network Unaffiliated Virtual Operator (NUVO) company has created the first Hybrid Telecommunications Network, fusing the power and reach of the Cloud with the quality of GSM.
- 2007 LG Action Sports World Championships, Dallas, TX - Vert: 5th
- 2007 Nokia Fise, Montpellier, France - Vert: 2nd
- 2006 LG Action Sports World Tour, Paris, France - Vert: 3rd
- 2005 Asian X Games: Silver Medalist
- 2004 FISE, Montpellier, France: 1st
- 2002 ESPN X Games: 10th
- 2002 Gravity Games: 4th
- 2002 ASA Pro Tour, San Diego, CA: 3rd
- 2001 ASA World Championships: 1st
- 2001 Gravity Games: 1st
- 2001 ESPN X Games: Gold Medalist
- 2001 European X Games: Gold Medalist
- 2001 World Team Challenge: 1st
- Aaron S. Rosenberg. Extreme Sports Biographies: Taïg Khris. Rosen Publishing. March 2004.
- Ian F. Mabaney. Taïg Khris : In-Line Skating Champion (Extreme Sports Biographies). PowerKids Press. August 2005.
- Chris O'Brien. Meet Onoff CEO Taïg Khris: Extreme sports star wants to be France’s next great entrepreneur'.' Venture Beat. February 2015.
- Daredevil Taig Khris Rollerblades off Eiffel Tower Bloginity.com. Brian Willett. May 31st, 2010
- Man Sets Record By Skating Off Eiffel Tower Sky News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taïg Khris.|