Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education
|Motto||Phát triển toàn diện, bền vững và hội nhập quốc tế|
Motto in English
|Comprehensive development, sustainability and international integration|
|Established||October 5th, 1962|
|Chancellor||PROF. Do Van Dung, PhD.|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education (Abbreviation: HCMUTE, Vietnamese: Trường Đại học Sư phạm Kỹ thuật Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is currently listed as one of the top 10 universities in Vietnam and also a member in the top group of Southeast Asia universities (basing on standard evaluation index).
This is a public university located in Thu Duc District, about 10 km north-east from downtown Ho Chi Minh City. This university offers bachelor's and associate degree to prospective lecturers in other technical institutions. The university also conducts technical research and vocational training, in addition to educational cooperation with foreign universities.
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology And Education (HCMUTE) is the first university in Vietnam educating and training technical teachers for the whole country. Chronologically, HCMUTE has been renamed several times due to integration with other schools or its own promotion.
The university evolved from the Board of Technical Education, first founded on October 5, 1962, then renamed Nguyen Truong To Center for Technical Education in Thu Duc in September 1972, and later upgraded to Thu Duc College of Education in 1974. On October 27, 1976, the SRV Prime Minister issued a decision to establish Thu Duc University of Technical Education on the basis of Thu Duc College of Education. This was amalgamated with Thu Duc Industrial Vocational School in 1984 and further merged with Technical Teacher Training School No.5 in 1991 to become the present Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology And Education. In 1995, the university incorporated with National University Ho Chi Minh City as an informal member. In 2000, HCMUTE became a member under supervision of Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam (MoET).
- October 5, 1962: Founded as Board of Technical Education founded with five disciplines
- 1972: Renamed as Nguyen Truong To Center for Technical Education in Thu Duc
- 1974: Upgraded to Thu Duc College of Education
- October 27, 1976: Promoted to Thu Duc University of Technical Education
- 1984: Thu Duc Industrial Vocational School amalgamated with Thu Duc University of Technical Education
- 1991: Technical Teacher Training School No. 5 amalgamated with Thu Duc University of Technical Education
- 1992: First post graduate program started
- 1995: Became non-official member of Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City
- 2000: Separated from Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City
- November 2011: The Center Building inaugurated
- March 2012: 3 PhD programs started
- October 2014: Renamed as Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education
During its more than 50 years of development, HCMUTE has been granted many governmental awards for excellent performance, such as an Independence Decoration - Second Class (2012), Independence Decoration - Third Class (2007), a Labor Decoration -First Class (2001), a Labor Decoration -Second Class (1996), a Labor Decoration - Third Class (1985) by the SRV President, an Emulation Flag of the Government (2008), an Emulation Flag of the MoET (2009), Emulation Flag of Ho Chi Minh City People Committee (2012), many other Certificates of Merit and so on.
Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education has two campuses with total area of 21 ha and 128,128 m2 of construction area includes 98 practice workshops (16,980 m2) and 58 laboratories (10,362 m2), 175 classrooms with a total area of 27,902 m2, size of each varying from 42 m2 to 187 m2.
Computers: 1,100 for teaching, learning and research; 450 for management and administration.
HCMUTE also has a football field (10,000 m2), three volleyball courts, a tennis court, a sporting event hall and two dormitories.
Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education is proud to be one of the first 10 accredited universities in Vietnam, one of the first few universities applying ISO management system.
AUN-QA (ASEAN University Network – Quality Assurance)
HCMUTE has got the AUN-QA Standard Accreditation for 4 programs:
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Automotive Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education offers 29 Bachelor's Degrees, 13 Master's Degrees and 6 Doctorate Degrees in 15 faculties and Institutes.
Schools and departments
- School of Vehicle and Energy Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Chemical and Food Technology
- School of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics
- School of Foundation Sciences
- School of Garment Technology and Fashion Design
- School of Graphic Arts and Media
- School of High Quality Training
- School of Information Technology
- School of Economics
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Political Sciences
- School of Innovation Entrepreneurship
Institutes and research centers
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Official website
- Official Fanpage
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education in Vietnamese