The Boyz (German musical group)
|Genres||R&B, Pop, Hip hop|
|Past members||Florian Fischer ('Flow')
Adel Tawil ('Kane')
Tarek Hussein ('T-Soul')
Salvatore Di Blasi
Stephane Claudio Kroll-Marongiu
The Boyz was a German boy band created in Berlin at the end of 1996 with encouragement from music producer Triple-M. Their largest success was in 1998 when their single "One Minute" made it to the Top-10 both in Germany (No.9) and Switzerland (No. 8). The single eventually reached the gold status in Germany selling over 250,000 units.
Florian Fischer and Adel Tawil got acquainted through the club scene in Berlin in 1993. Tawil convinced Tarek Hussein and in 1995 the trio got the attention of Triple M-Management during a talent competition. Saxophonist, Salvatore Di Blasi, joined the group through the same competition. The fifth member, Stephane Claudio Kroll-Marongiu, was a Berlin resident and a model was last to join.
In the spring 1997 the band had its break with a Top 30 German hit "Round and Round", their first release from their debut album Boyz In Da House. It was followed by another relative success "Let Me Show You The Way". With the third single "One Minute" they reached the Top 10 in both Germany and Switzerland. The band split after four more singles and a second album 'Next Level.
In February 1998, the band appeared in a German TV serial Geliebte Schwestern. 'Flow' (Florian Fischer) had fallen in the December 1997 off the stage suffering a knee injury. This was depicted in the actual scenario of the series and was played by the band members.
Members of "The Boyz" were:
- Florian Fischer (as 'Flow') (born 13 October 1974)
- Adel Tawil (as 'Kane') (born 15 August 1978)
- Tarek Hussein (as T-Soul) (born 3 July 1978)
- Salvatore Di Blasi (born 27 October 1980)
- Stephane Claudio Kroll-Marongiu (born 8 March 1979)
After the split
- Adel Tawil went solo in addition to songwriting and producing, He was also member of the famous German duo Ich + Ich alongside Annette Humpe
- Florian Fischer now works in music management
- Tarek Hussein is a music producer and is known as Tarééc. He works with many acts including German rapper Bushido
|1997||Boyz In Da House||63|
|1999||All the Best and Goodbye||—|
|1997||"Round and Round"||27||19||Boyz in da House|
|"Let Me Show You The Way"||44||—|