The Devil's Circus
|The Devil's Circus|
|Directed by||Benjamin Christensen|
|Written by||Benjamin Christensen|
Charles Emmett Mack
The Devil's Circus is a 1926 silent drama film directed by Danish director Benjamin Christensen, based upon his screenplay. The film stars Norma Shearer and Charles Emmett Mack. It was the first of seven films directed by Christensen in the United States, and one of only four of those films that have not been lost.
Mary and Carlstop are a trapeze artist and a pickpocket who get themselves almost fatally involved with Lieberkind, a lion-tamer, and his jealous wife Yonna.
- Norma Shearer - Mary
- Charles Emmett Mack - Carlstop
- Carmel Myers - Yonna
- John Miljan - Lieberkind
- Claire McDowell - Mrs. Peterson
- Joyce Coad - Little Anita
- "Museum of Modern Art press release/book review of Lost Films" (PDF). Museum of Modern Art. August 24, 1970. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- "Archival Film Prints Available From George Eastman House" (PDF). George Eastman House (eastmanhouse.org). Retrieved May 19, 2015.
|This article about a silent drama film from the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|