(Redirected from The Governor)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up governor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A governor is an official, usually acting as the executive of a non-sovereign level of government.
Governor may also refer to:
- Governor (United States), the head of state and head of government of a US state
- BBC Governor, a member of the former Board of Governors of the BBC
- Governor of the Bank of England, the most senior position in the Bank of England
- Jiedushi, military governors in 8th- to 11th-centuries imperial China
- School governor, a voluntary role in state schools of England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Arts and entertainment
- The Governor (The Walking Dead), a fictional character in The Walking Dead comic book series and television series
Film and television
- The Governor (film), a 2009 Turkish film
- Governor (Chuck), a device used in the television series Chuck
- The Governor (TV series), a New Zealand television miniseries about Sir George Grey
- The Governor (UK TV series), a British television series
- The Governor and J.J., an American television series
- "Governor", a song from the 1996 album 4am Friday by Avail
- Governor (device), a device that regulates the speed of a machine
- Centrifugal governor, a type of governor that regulates fuel intake to an engine
- The Governor, an application monitoring Blizzard game's Warden client
- The Smith & Wesson Governor is .410 gauge, .45 Colt, and .45 ACP, snubnosed revolver made by Smith & Wesson.
- Governor (singer) (Governor Washington, Jr.), American recording artist
- Daffney (Shannon Spruill, born 1975), wrestler with a ring name "The Governor"
- Governor (linguistics), a type of syntactic object that has the potential to govern another
- Governor Lake, Nova Scotia, a community in Canada
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Governor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.