The Hangover: Part Tubbs
|"The Hangover: Part Tubbs"|
|The Cleveland Show episode|
|Episode no.||Season 4
|Directed by||Ron Rubio|
|Written by||Aaron Lee|
|Original air date||March 17, 2013|
"The Hangover: Part Tubbs" is the fourteenth episode of the fourth season of the animated comedy series The Cleveland Show. The episode was aired on Fox in the United States on March 17, 2013. This episode follows Donna, who decides to run for a place on the school board, and attempts to keep Cleveland away from her campaign in case he embarrasses her, but her plans soon backfire when Cleveland accidentally kills a new friend playing a game. Cleveland Jr. discovers that he is naturally gifted as a diver, but his ambition to succeed in the sport is threatened when he is too frightened to wear the school diving team's uniform of tiny swimming trunks.
The episode was written by Aaron Lee and directed by Ron Rubio. It was viewed by approximately 2.8 million viewers in its original airing. The episode features guest performances by Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and David Alan Grier, along with several recurring guest performers for the series.
Donna is running for the school board after sixteen years of waiting for an opening. When Cleveland embarrasses her in the yard, Donna asks him to behave himself until the election is over. While playing the Hurt Locker game with his friends, he accidentally kills new guy Franklin. Drinking with the guys later, Cleveland finds out that he wasn't invited to the candidates dinner and rushes to find Donna has replaced him with Ebert Williams to pose as Cleveland so he wouldn't be an embarrassment. When Cleveland introduces himself, Donna has him removed.
At home, Donna tells Cleveland that his dad put her up to it. Donna tells that Cleveland wants to fire her imposter but after considering her future decides to keep her fake husband. She tells Cleveland that she is keeping her her actor as Cleveland asks her what has happened to her over the years as she used to be fun. After challenging her to drink a beer, Donna decides to have one. As the drunken guys and Donna wake up, they find they are in Richmond during a NASCAR race and Donna needs to get to her debate in four hours.
After a flashback of the previous night, Cleveland runs out on the track and stops the race, getting Tony and Dale Jr. to get the two of them back to Stoolbend. Stopping for gas, the guys seem lost until Donna becomes a one-woman pit crew and get them moving and she arrives on time. Donna is still hesitant to go in mussed but Cleveland get her cleaned up and decides to stay outside so she can appear with Ebert Williams but she introduces Cleveland as her real husband and comes clean for the debate.
In school, Junior manages to skip PE by forgetting his gym clothes and Principal Wally insists he join a sport to pass. Trying out for diving, he surpasses expectations and makes the team but finds out the uniform is a speedo. Junior tries to avoid the coach after dodging practice but is caught. Junior vows to quit the school rather than be seen in the speedo and tries his hand at being a Mexican laborer, but when the guys strip down to their thong underwear, he bolts.
Junior hears Donna's school debate speech and vows to do his best as well, helping the school win the match as the coach is arrested after being identified by one of the divers. Donna loses the election but the show ends hinting at a cliffhanger episode, with Donna still losing but FOX asking for everyone to tune in anyway and pretend they hadn't seen it.
In addition to the regular cast, Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and David Alan Grier guest starred in the episode. Recurring voice actors Will Forte, Jess Harnell, Glenn Howerton, Craig Robinson and David Lynch made minor appearances as well.
Mark Trammell of TV Equals gave the episode a positive review, saying "On the latest episode of “The Cleveland Show”– one of two that evening- Donna was in full self-promotion mode in the wryly-titled “The Hangover Part Tubbs,” in which she was among those vying for a slot on the school board. Her only problem? Cleveland being Cleveland, of course, and how she could keep him from screwing up her chances without hurting his feelings in the process.".
- The Broken Stool serves up a drink named "Flaming Franklin", which looks and sounds similar to the "Flaming Moe" of The Simpsons.
- Celebrity Poker was dropped form the sports available at Stoolbend High School after David Spade impregnated the volleyball team.
- Ernie has osteoporosis.
- Instead of The Hurt Locker, Cleveland tells Donna his first idea for a game was Human Centipede.
- Donna mentions that Cleveland can often be seen wearing dresses on the show and Cleveland also points out the burka he wore in "Yemen Party".
- Donna hang glides to Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield".
- "Slippery When Wet" by the Commodores plays during the flashback of everyone getting drunk the night before ending up at the Richmond International Raceway.
- Holt points out a hole and says they "Bugs Bunnied" their way into the Richmond International Raceway. Bugs Bunny would often travel underground, sometimes in the company of Daffy Duck.
- The "Wilhelm Scream" is heard after Cleveland causes the race cars to crash and one flies over the pile.
- This is the last appearances on The Cleveland Show Federline and Terry Kimple are seen in an episode.
- ""The Cleveland Show" The Hangover: Part Tubbs". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Lee, Aaron; Rubio, Ron; Appel, Richard; Henry, Mike; MacFarlane, Seth (2013-03-17). "California Dreamin' (All the Cleves are Brown)". The Cleveland Show. Season 04. Episode 15. Fox.
- "The Cleveland Show Season 4 Episode 14 "The Hangover: Part Tubbs"". TV Guide. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "The Cleveland Show Season 4 Episode 14 &15 "The Hangover Part Tubbs; California Dreamin' (All the Cleves are Brown)" | TV Equals". TV Equals. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Amazing Race', 'Family Guy', 'The Cleveland Show, 'The Simpsons, 'Bob's Burgers' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. March 19, 2013. Retrieved March 24, 2013.
- "The Cleveland Show Season 4 Review "The Hangover Part Tubbs"". TV Equals. 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to:
"The Hangover: Part Tubbs"