The Hardest Part (album)
|The Hardest Part|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 26, 2000|
|Producer||Kenny Greenberg, Doyle Lee Primm|
|Allison Moorer chronology|
|The A.V. Club||Favourable |
The Hardest Part is the second album by singer/songwriter Allison Moorer. The album is a concept album about a doomed relationship produced and co-written by Moorer's then husband Doyle Lee Primm. The album is based on her parents' relationship which ended tragically in the mid 80s when Moorer's father murdered her mother before killing himself. She told No Depression magazine in 2000: "This record was inspired by the things I saw my mother go through. It’s not the true story, but it’s inspired by the true story." 
|1.||"The Hardest Part"||Allison Moorer, Doyle Lee Primm||3:13|
|2.||"Day You Said Goodbye"||Moorer, Primm||4:21|
|3.||"It's Time I Tried"||Moorer, Primm||4:13|
|4.||"Best That I Can Do"||Moorer, Primm||3:23|
|5.||"Think It Over"||Moorer, Primm||3:57|
|6.||"Bring Me All Your Lovin'"||Moorer, Primm, Kenny Greenberg||5:24|
|7.||"Is It Worth It"||Moorer, Primm||3:23|
|8.||"Send Down An Angel"||Moorer, Primm||3:47|
|9.||"No Next Time"||Moorer, Primm||6:39|
|10.||"Feeling That Feeling Again/Cold, Cold Earth"||Moorer, Primm||7:31|
- Jay Bennett - acoustic guitar, mellotron, piano
- Richard Bennett - acoustic guitar
- Chris Carmichael - fiddle
- Chad Cromwell - drums
- Eric Darken - percussion
- Kenny Greenberg - 12-string acoustic guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Jim Hoke - harmonica
- Allison Moorer - acoustic guitar, lead vocals
- Louis Dean Nunley - background vocals
- Russ Pahl - pedal steel guitar
- Rick Plant - banjo, acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Michael Rhodes - bass guitar, upright bass
- Rick Schell - background vocals
- Joe Spivey - fiddle
- Harry Stinson - background vocals
- Marty Stuart - mandolin
- Kris Wilkinson - string arrangements, conductor
|US Top Country Albums (Billboard)||26|
|US Top Heatseekers Albums (Billboard)||26|
- Zac Johnson. "The Hardest Part - Allison Moorer | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Klein, Joshua (2002-03-29). "Allison Moorer: The Hardest Part | Music | MusicalWork Review". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Michael Bialas: Allison Moorer Interview, Part 2: A Chance to Take Deeper Breaths". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- [dead link]
- Alden, Grant. "Allison Moorer – Loving, Leaving, Living « Americana and Roots Music - No Depression". Archives.nodepression.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Allison Moorer Chart History (Top Country Albums)". Billboard.
- "Allison Moorer - Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved March 3, 2014.