International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers
|Formation||September 20, 1963|
|Headquarters||New York City, NY|
The International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) represents professional interior architects and interior designers. Founded in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 20, 1963 as a not-for-profit, limited liability company to unite the profession and act as a forum for interior design issues, IFI is an associations' association, serving on the global level a membership of some thirty national organizations, and representing by 2015, 270,000 designers, educators and industrialists in 110 countries.:90
During the 1980s, IFI worked with the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID) and the International Council of Graphic Design Associations (ICOGRADA) particularly to design furniture and packaging for rural health clinics in less developed parts of the world. Since 2008, IFI has been a member of the International Design Alliance (IDA) together with ICSID and ICOGRADA and hold joint meetings biannually. This alliance focuses on opportunities to further the design discipline based on multidisciplinary collaboration.
On February 17–18, 2011, IFI held a symposium in New York, USA, as part of their Design Frontiers: The Interiors Entity initiative.:108 On this occasion, the world's first 'Interiors Declaration' was developed and signed by a delegation of 100 interior architecture/design professionals, educators, heads of design associations, manufacturers and related stakeholders. The Declaration has been adopted by 114 cities around the world including New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Montreal, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Melbourne, and Gwangju.
- Dak Kopec (June 26, 2017). Health and Well-being for Interior Architecture. Taylor & Francis. pp. 163–. ISBN 978-1-315-46440-4.
- Hardenberg, L. ‘IFI 1963–1993: A Personal View’, Avonwold Publishing (A Division of Times Media Limited), 1998
- Graeme Brooker; Lois Weinthal (October 24, 2013). The Handbook of Interior Architecture and Design. A&C Black. ISBN 978-1-4725-3902-1.
- Jo Ann Asher Thompson; Nancy Blossom (February 9, 2015). The Handbook of Interior Design. Wiley. pp. 512–. ISBN 978-1-118-53238-6.
- Busch, J. ‘The Interiors Entity (DFIE) Global Symposium Declaration’, Contract Magazine, March 14, 2011
- James H. Marsh (1999). The Canadian Encyclopedia. The Canadian Encyclopedia. pp. 1177–. ISBN 978-0-7710-2099-5.
- Jonathan Woodham (May 19, 2016). A Dictionary of Modern Design. OUP Oxford. pp. 358–. ISBN 978-0-19-251853-8.
- Kenneth E. Hendrickson III (November 25, 2014). The Encyclopedia of the Industrial Revolution in World History. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. pp. 475–. ISBN 978-0-8108-8888-3.
- "International Federation of Interior Architects / Designers". September 26, 2008. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Mark Hinchman (January 2, 2014). The Fairchild Books Dictionary of Interior Design. A&C Black. pp. 253–. ISBN 978-1-60901-534-3.
- Union of International Associations; Union of International Associations Staff (August 13, 2010). Yearbook of International Organizations 2010/2011: Guide to Global and Civil Society Networks: Organization Descriptions and Cross-Reference. De Gruyter. pp. 1762–. ISBN 978-3-11-023031-4.
- "Interior designer gave the profession outstanding leadership". June 6, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017 – via The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "City of Melbourne Adopts IFI Interiors Declaration". May 22, 2015. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "IFI Announces Adoption of the IFI Interiors Declaration By The City Of Kuala Lumpur - IID - The African Institute of the Interior Design Professions". May 5, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "IFI Interiors Declaration Adoption in Gwangju - officeinsight". Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Nigeria hosts the 28th International Federation of Interior Architects Congress and General Assembly - Ventures Africa". November 22, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "The Art of Collecting: Intersection between design, art". November 18, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Paul Wasserman; Janice W. McLean (1982). Awards, Honors and Prizes. Gale Research Company. pp. 404–. ISBN 978-0-8103-0664-6.
- James P. Cramer; Jennifer Evans Yankopolus (2005). Almanac of Architecture & Design, 2005. Greenway Communications. pp. 614–. ISBN 978-0-9675477-9-4.
- James P. Cramer; Jennifer Evans Yankopolus (2006). Almanac of Architecture & Design 2006. Greenway Communications. pp. 581–. ISBN 978-0-9755654-2-1.
- Lorraine Lim (October 14, 2015). Cultural Policy in East Asia: Contemporary Issues and Trends. Taylor & Francis. pp. 38–. ISBN 978-1-317-68161-8.