International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) represents professional Interior Architects/Designers.[not in citation given] Founded in Denmark in 1963 as a not-for-profit, limited liability company to unite the profession and act as a forum for interior design issues, IFI is an associations' association, representing groups of members and entities related to design in education, practice and related industry.
During the 1980s IFI worked with the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID) and the International Council of Graphic Design Associations (ICOGRADA) particularly to design furniture and packaging for rural health clinics in less developed parts of the world. Since 2008 IFI has been a member of the International Design Alliance (IDA) together with ICSID and ICOGRADA and hold joint meetings biannually. This alliance focuses on opportunities to further the design discipline based on multidisciplinary collaboration.[not in citation given]
On February 17–18, 2011, IFI held a Symposium in New York, USA, as part of their Design Frontiers: The Interiors Entity initiative. On this occasion, the world's first 'Interiors Declaration' was developed and signed by a delegation of 100 Interior Architecture/Design professionals, educators, heads of design associations, manufacturers and related stakeholders.
- "Design Institute of Australia (DIA) - Home". Dia.org.au. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Hardenberg, L. ‘IFI 1963–1993: A Personal View’, Avonwold Publishing (A Division of Times Media Limited), 1998
- "IFI World Homepage". Ifiworld.org. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Kenneth E. Hendrickson III, ed. (2015), The Encyclopedia of the Industrial Revolution in World History, Volume 3, Rowman & Littlefield, p. 475, ISBN 978-0-8108-8887-6
- "the International Council of Design leading creatively". Icograda.org. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Busch, J. ‘The Interiors Entity (DFIE) Global Symposium Declaration’, Contract Magazine, 14 March 2011