The MonaLisa Twins
|Born||June 16, 1994|
The MonaLisa Twins are a pop rock band, fronted by twin sisters and singer-songwriters Mona (rhythm guitar, percussion, harmonica, flute) and Lisa Wagner (lead guitar, ukulele, cello). They are originally from Austria (born in Vienna, on June 16, 1994) and are currently based in the Liverpool area, in the United Kingdom. Known for their YouTube video covers of songs by The Beatles and other 1960s bands, many of which have been issued on a series of albums, they also have released two albums of original songs, inspired by the music of the 1960s.
The band's producer is the twins' father Rudolf Wagner, who also plays the bass and piano, and co-writes and arranges their music. All their music is recorded in the Wagner family's own music studio. Rudolf's wife and the twins' stepmother, Michaela Wagner, is the band's manager and assistant. The family lived in a small village in the Groß-Enzersdorf municipality near Vienna, Austria, until 2014, when they moved to a suburb of Liverpool.
The band typically has a 4-person line-up for live concerts, with Mona and Lisa Wagner mostly playing guitars (and some harmonica and ukulele, respectively) on stage, while being backed up by different bassists and drummers. In 2012 and 2013 (while they were still based in Austria) those were usually Michael Mozeth (bass) and Philipp Wolf (drums). Since 2014 (including the two-year residency at the Cavern Club) they have been backed by several local British musicians.
- MonaLisa & Band Live in Concert (2007)
- California Dreaming (EP) (2008)
- When We're Together (2012)
- MonaLisa Twins play Beatles & more (2014)
- ORANGE (2017)
- MonaLisa Twins play Beatles & more Vol. 2 (2018)
- MonaLisa Twins play Beatles & more Vol. 3 (2018)
- CHRISTMAS (2019)
- "MonaLisa Twins Biography", MonaLisa Twins, retrieved August 30, 2019
- UK band MonaLisa Twins talk background, ’60s style songwriting, and new album ‘ORANGE’, Guitar Girl Magazine, retrieved August 30, 2019