The Old Maid
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Old Maid is a pejorative term for a spinster. It may also my refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- The Old Maid (1939 film), an American drama film starring Bette Davis
- The Old Maid (1972 film), a French film by Jean-Pierre Blanc
- La Vieille Fille (novel) or The Old Maid, an 1836 novel by Honoré de Balzac
- The Old Maid (play), a 1935 play by Zoe Akins
- The Old Maid, a 1761 play by Arthur Murphy
- "Old Maid Boogie", a 1947 R&B song by Eddie Vinson
- The Old Maid and the Thief, 1937 one-act opera composed by Gian Carlo Menotti for performance on the radio
Flora and fauna
- Old Maid moth, the owlet moth species Catocala badia (Bay Underwing)
- Old Maid's Bonnets (Lupinus perennis), a flowering plant species of Fabaceae
- Old Maid's Nightcap (Geranium maculatum), a flowering plant species of family Geraniaceae
- Old-maid's-pink (Agrostemma), a flowering plant genus of family Caryophyllaceae
- Old maid's insanity, an archaic term for erotomania
- An unpopped kernel in a batch of popped popcorn kernels.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Old Maid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.