The Raven (Harold Kionka)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Raven (Harold Kionka) is involved with Web television, Internet radio, and Citizen journalism. The Raven claims to have reported on Daytona Beach events via video broadcasts through a Web TV station as far back as 2000.
- 1998: The Raven started and ran Albuquerque's first Internet radio station "Route 66 LIVE".
- 2000: The Raven started Daytona Beach Live. The station showed video about life, events, and attractions in the Daytona Beach area  for the 17,000 viewers. Events included the Daytona Beach Bike Week, hurricanes, Birthplace of Speed, Black College Reunion, Great Race, Florida International Festival, Biketoberfest, Spaceshuttle launches, Power Boat Races, Rock Bands, and more.
- 2003: The Raven launched Galaxy Universe TV to provide live streaming video overlooking the beach on South Atlantic Avenue 
- 2004: The Raven simulcast across a network of three Internet TV stations for the 2004 Biketoberfest.
- 2005: The Raven was featured in Chapter # 8, of the book, "DARKNET Hollywoods War against the Digital Generation" 
- 2008: The Raven relocated to Adrian, Michigan and formed the existing Internet TV stations into the Raven World Communications. He continues to report on local events in Adrian.
- University of Southern California's Online Journalism Review. August 7 2003. Personal Broadcasting Opens Yet Another Front For Journalists
- Daily Wireless. August 11 2003
- Paulding. October 30, 2003
- Blogging versus Journalism. December 5 2004
- Social Media. August 8 2004
- Darknet Hollywood's War against the Digital Generation. Chapter 8. 2005. J.D. Lasica
- San Francisco Chronicle. October 28 2005. Underworld's Darknet foments copyright revolution against hollywood
- Albuquerque Tribune
- Daytona Beach News-Journal; May 20 2002; Page 01A; Broadcasting on a shoestring
- One Man Media Empire
- University of Southern California Online Journalism Review. August 8 2003. What is Participatory Journalism
- 2005 Darknet: Hollywood's War Against the Digital Generation, chapter 8
- 2004 Aucklan University of Technology's New Media Gazette
- Daytona Beach News Journal. March 3 2004. Page 03C. Bike fest attracts movie makers
- Daytona Beach News Journal; October 18 2002; Page 01C; Main Street Action Live On Internet
- Biker Net; March 4 2004; Page 3
- 2004 Broadband DSL Reports
- Social Media. August 15 2004. Hurricane Charley Up Close
- University of Southern California's Online Journalism Review. August 7 2003. Personal Broadcasting Opens Yet Another Front for Journalists
- 2003 Daily Wireless
- Darknet: Adventures in Internet TV. October 21 2004