(Redirected from The Spine)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up spine, spines, or spinal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Spine(s), The Spine, or Spinal may refer to:
- SPINE (molecular biology), an acronym for Strep-Protein INteraction Experiment, a method for the detection of protein interactions
- Spine (zoology), needle-like structures in animals
- Dendritic spine, the specialized postsynaptic protrusion in dendrites implicated in learning and memory through synaptic plasticity
- Ilium: anterior inferior iliac spine (AIIS), anterior superior iliac spine (ASIS), posterior inferior iliac spine, and posterior superior iliac spine
- Ischial spine
- Mental spine, mandible
- Thorns, spines, and prickles, needle-like structures in plants
- Vertebral column, commonly known as the spine (also backbone), so named for its spinous processes
- Lumbar puncture, a colloquial term for a medical procedure of the vertebral column, referred to as a spinal tap
- Spinal adjustment, a specific vertebral column procedure used by a chiropractor
- Spinal anaesthesia, a type of regional anaesthetic for the vertebral column
- The Spine (including PDS & PSIS), a set of national services within NHS Connecting for Health, U.K.
Mathematics and computer science
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Spinal (Killer Instinct), a fictional character from the video game Killer Instinct
- Spine, a demon in Blood Beast (2007) book of the Demonata saga
- The Spine, the fictional mountain chain which follows the west coast in the Inheritance Cycle
- The Spine, a singing automaton in the band Steam Powered Giraffe, portrayed by David Michael Bennett
- Spinal Tap (band), a semi-fictional heavy metal band
- The Spine (album), a 2004 They Might Be Giants album, including the songs "Spine" and "Spines"
- Spine (journal), a bi-weekly peer-reviewed journal of spine surgery, published by Lippincott
- The Spine Journal, bi-monthly peer-reviewed journal, published by Elsevier
Other uses in arts, entertainment, and media
- Spine, in archery, a measure of stiffness of an arrow shaft
- Spine, in bookbinding, the closed edge of the book along which the pages are bound
- Spine Race, an ultramarathon along the Pennine Way
- Spine with marrow (hieroglyph), an Egyptian language biliteral sign
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Spine.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.