The Station (YouTube)
|Genre||Comedy, Interactive, variety|
|Created by||Lisa Donovan, Danny Diamond|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||97|
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||1–10 minutes|
|Original release||August 8, 2009– October 30, 2011|
The Station was an online sketch channel on YouTube created by a number of popular YouTube celebrities in the summer of 2009. After a brief disappearance, The Station re-launched in April 2010, later to end in October 2011.
Creation and growth (2009-2011)
The Station was originally created by Lisa Donovan and Danny Diamond, the creators of the popular YouTube channel Lisa Nova, who recruited other top YouTube video creators in August 2009. Video-tracking site Tubemogul has noted that the founding members had already amassed almost 500 million views on YouTube collectively before starting this venture.
The Station was once massively popular and had over one million subscribers. However, after not uploading anything since October 30, 2011, the channel has been constantly losing hundreds, and occasionally thousands, of subscribers every day. Due to the giant loss of subscribers, on May 22, 2012 the channel became one of the few YouTube channels to go under the one million subscriber milestone, while being above it previously.
Nacho Punch (2013-present)
On October 14, 2013, a teaser for Nacho Punch, an online series, was uploaded onto the channel. The channel has since been rebranded as the official YouTube home of Nacho Punch, the original web series by Maker Studios.
- "YouTube Elite Make Old Tricks Work For The Station". Newteevee. Aug 20, 2009. Retrieved Aug 23, 2009.
- "The Station UGVC.24". Channels.com. Aug 25, 2009. Retrieved Oct 22, 2009.
- TheWillofDC (Apr 23, 2010). "YouTube Recap: 'The Station' Relaunch, CollegeHumor and FailBlog Duke It Out". Tubefilter. Retrieved Jul 5, 2012.
- "Lisa Donovan: TheStation". girl2watch.com. Aug 7, 2009. Retrieved Aug 23, 2009.
- "YouTube Stars Join Forces for "The Station"". Tubemogul. Aug 28, 2009. Retrieved Oct 22, 2009.
- "The Top 10 Most Watched Web Series, September 2009". Mashable. Oct 15, 2009. Retrieved Oct 21, 2009.
- "Hello?". The Station. YouTube. October 14, 2013. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 100-76!". New Media Rockstars. Retrieved 6 January 2015.