Lake Forest Park Towne Centre
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Town Center at Lake Forest Park (formerly Lake Forest Park Towne Centre) is a multi-purpose shopping center that also serves as the community hub for the city of Lake Forest Park, Washington. Built in 1964, the center is located on the eastern side of Lake Forest Park, on the western shore of Lake Washington in a suburb of Seattle on Bothell Way NE beside City Hall. The southeast side of the center abuts the Burke-Gilman Trail.
Town Center at Lake Forest Park "is a true community center that draws a regional crowd and is home to several unique and organic local stores which collectively cater to the educated customer, thus serving as a daily destination. Friends of Third Place Commons offers over 1,200 community events throughout the calendar year at Lake Forest Park Towne Centre, attracting patrons from all over the Puget Sound region." The Third Place Commons is a non-profit organization that books community events through public donation.
The center was renovated in 1995 to increase pedestrian traffic and since Madison Marquette's requisition in 2006, has been undergoing smaller renovations, including the addition of a Ross Dress for Less and a Planet Fitness which both opened in 2011.
Town Center at Lake Forest Park is anchored by Third Place Books, Albertson's grocery store, Rite Aid, Ross Dress for Less, and Planet Fitness and features almost 250,000 square feet (23,000 m2) of gross leasable area on its 18 acres. Around 40 tenants are currently open and operating at Lake Forest Park Towne Centre. Along with the bookstore, Third Place Books offers popular food choices such as barbeque at Burney Brother BBQ and coffee and pastries at Honey Bear Bakery to go along with the unique setting and their cozy atmosphere. 
Third Place Books, a general interest bookseller, is one of the tenants of the center and serves as a community center for Lake Forest Park hosting free public events and other community activities. The bookstore provides access to print on demand books via the Espresso Book Machine.
Each Sunday, starting in May and ending in October, the Third Place Commons Farmers Market is held in the LFPTC parking lot.
- VSP Jewelry Design Center
- Great Harvest Bakery
- Lake Forest Park Library (King County Library System)
- Rite Aid
- Better Day Salon
- Third Place Press
- Kitto Japanese Food
- El Oso Cuban Food
These businesses share the parking lot:
- Lake Forest Park Bar & Grill
- Edward Jones Real Estate
- Planet Fitness
- Ace Hardware
- Lake Forest Park City Hall
- Mud Bay Pet Supplies
- Chase Bank
- Bank of America
- Baskin Robbins
- Madison Marquette, http://www.madisonmarquette.com/portfolio/property/property:69, Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Madison Marquette, http://www.madisonmarquette.com/files/fact_sheets/Lake_Forest_Park_Towne_Centre.pdf, Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Lake Forest Park Towne Centre, http://www.lakeforestparktownecentre.com/go/dirlisting.cfm?fl=all, Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Third Place Books, http://www.thirdplacebooks.com/about, Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- "EBM Locations: List View". OnDemandBooks.com. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- City of Lake Forest Park, http://www.cityoflfp.com/community/default.html, Retrieved 2011-24-01.