Tom Morrison (politician)
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 54th district
|Preceded by||Suzanne Bassi|
|Alma mater||Hillsdale College|
Morrison is a graduate of Hillsdale College. He has been a radio host in Iowa, a 5th grade teacher at Christian Liberty Academy of Arlington Heights, which his parents helped found in 1969, for six years, and a ServPro franchise owner of Palatine/Rolling Meadows and Elk Grove/Itasca/Roselle.
Representative Tom Morrison is very conservative. In an email to a constituent in 2013, Representative Tom Morrison, considering same-sex marriage "absurd," compared it to a marriage of a nine-year-old to a full-grown adult. He later denied equating same-sex marriage to statutory rape.
Representative Tom Morrison is also opposed to abortion and does not favor exceptions for rape and incest. At the Illinois Values Voters Forum in 2011, he said, "Why sentence a child to death for what his father did?" 
In 2016, Representative Tom Morrison introduced a bill to the Illinois General Assembly that would have required every person to use the bathroom that corresponds to their biological sex at birth.[better source needed]
- Tom Morrison's Biography. Project Vote Smart'. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Morrison stuns Bassi in 54th Kohl, Stephanie. Barrington Courier Review. February 2, 2010. Accessed November 14, 2014.
- Tom Morrison, Linkedin
- "Illinois rep compares same-sex marriage to statutory rape - 4103 - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News - Windy City Times". Windycitymediagroup.com. 2010-02-26. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- "Illinois Values Voters Forum: Rep. Joe Walsh, State Rep. Morrison, More - Publius Forum « Publius Forum". Publiusforum.com. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- "Proposed Law Would Force Illinois Transgender Students to Use Bathroom Corresponding to Sex Assigned at Birth". Towleroad.com. 2016-01-21. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- Representative Thomas Morrison (R) 54th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- State Representative Thomas Morrison constituency site
- Thomas Morrison for State Representative
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at OpenStates.org
- Campaign contributions at FollowTheMoney.org
- Campaign contributions at FollowTheMoney.org archives
- Profile at Ballotpedia.