On March 1, 2006, Tosayamada, along with the town of Kahoku, and the village of Monobe (all from Kami District), was merged to create the city of Kami and no longer exists as an independent municipality. However it is still considered a town by residents and is still used in official addresses with the post office.
Tosa-Yamada Station is the town's train station.
- Kochi University of Technology
- Yamada Senior High School
- Kagamino Junior High School
People from Tosayamada
- Taira Hara, manga artist
- Official website of Kami (Japanese)
- Kochi University of Technology in Tosayamada
- Yamada High School Homepage
|This Kōchi Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|