Transmit (FTP client)
5.0.1 / August 4, 2017
Transmit 4 includes a number of features, many of which take advantage of technologies Apple has introduced in OS X 10.4, such as uploading using a Dashboard widget or the dock, support for .Mac and iDisk/WebDAV, FTP/WebDAV/S3 servers as disks in Finder (since v4.0), Spotlight, Droplets, Amazon S3 support and Automator plugins.
The app was called "Transit" at introduction, but had to be changed due to a conflict with an existing product. Transmit was originally developed for Classic Mac OS, but that version has been discontinued and made freeware.
On 16 February 2005, Transmit 3 was released. The app was previewed to attendees of Macworld Expo the month prior in January 2005.
On 27 April 2010, Transmit 4 was released. More than five years after the release of version 3.0. The app was almost completely rewritten, had a brand new interface, over 45 new features, and was up to 25 times faster. 
Transmit is the recipient of a number of awards, including:
- Apple Design Award, 2005 for "best Mac OS X Tiger technology adoption, for its use of features like Automator, Mac sync, Spotlight, Dashboard and more."
- MacWorld Expo Best of Show (among 12 winners), 2005
- MacMinute Showtime Award, 2005
- "Transmit 4.0". Panic. April 27, 2010.
- "It's almost time to start beta testing Transmit 5". @Panic. June 10, 2016.
- "Hello, Transmit 5". Panic. July 17, 2017. Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- WWDC: Apple Design Award 2005 winners announced
- MWSF: Best of show awards revealed
- Keith Martin, Transmit 3, MacUser issue 21 7, Apr 2005
- Joe Muscara, Transmit 2.1, MacUser issue 18 24, Nov 2002
- Rob Griffiths, Transmit 3 - Powerful file transfer app, macosxhints.com, Dec 28 2005, Pick of the Week
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|