Transmit (FTP client)
|Stable release||4.4.10 / November 19, 2015|
|Operating system||OS X|
Transmit 4 includes a number of features, many of which take advantage of technologies Apple has introduced in OS X 10.4, such as uploading using a Dashboard widget or the dock, support for .Mac and iDisk/WebDAV, FTP/WebDAV/S3 servers as disks in Finder (since v4.0), Spotlight, Droplets, Amazon S3 support and Automator plugins.
The app was called "Transit" at introduction, but had to be changed due to a conflict with an existing product. Transmit was originally developed for Mac OS Classic, but that version has been discontinued and made freeware.
On 16 February 2005, Transmit 3 was released. The app was previewed to attendees of Macworld Expo the month prior in January 2005.
On 27 April 2010, Transmit 4 was released. More than five years after the release of version 3.0. The app was almost completely rewritten, had a brand new interface, over 45 new features, and was up to 25 times faster. 
On 10 June 16, Panic began accepting applicants to beta test Transmit 5.
Transmit is the recipient of a number of awards, including:
- Apple Design Award, 2005 for "best Mac OS X Tiger technology adoption, for its use of features like Automator, Mac sync, Spotlight, Dashboard and more."
- MacWorld Expo Best of Show (among 12 winners), 2005
- MacMinute Showtime Award, 2005
- "Transmit 4.0". Panic. April 27, 2010.
- "It's almost time to start beta testing Transmit 5". @Panic. June 10, 2016.
- WWDC: Apple Design Award 2005 winners announced
- MWSF: Best of show awards revealed
- Keith Martin, Transmit 3, MacUser issue 21 7, Apr 2005
- Joe Muscara, Transmit 2.1, MacUser issue 18 24, Nov 2002
- Rob Griffiths, Transmit 3 - Powerful file transfer app, macosxhints.com, Dec 28 2005, Pick of the Week
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|