|gel, injection, topical|
|CAS Registry Number|
|(what is this?)|
Trimix is an injectable three-drug prescribed medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. The active ingredients in the mixture are usually alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine. The injection must be compounded by a pharmacy and administered via intracavernosal injection. Trimix is typically compounded by a pharmacy in a sterile environment and then frozen. The compound is stable for up to 6 months while stored frozen and for 1 month if stored refrigerated beginning at the time of manufacture.
The common initial dose should be .05cc to .2cc depending on the patients level of ED. Wait 48 hours before increasing dosage. Increase by 0.025 cc to 0.050 cc until a satisfactory dose is reached, or sometime it may subject to change by the doctor and or pharmacy. Its a strict prescribed medicine, due to the varying amount of dose, Purchasing/selling with out prescription is illegal.
- R Seyam, K Mohamed, A Al Akhras and H Rashwan (2005). "A prospective randomized study to optimize the dosage of trimix ingredients and compare its efficacy and safety with prostaglandin E1". International Journal of Impotence Research: the Journal of Sexual Medicine 17 (4): 346–353. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3901313. PMID 15772683.
- S.C. Kim, I.H. Chang, H.J. Jeon (August 2003). "Preference for oral sildenafil or intracavernosal injection in patients with erectile dysfunction already using intracavernosal injection for > 1 year". BJU International 92 (3): 277–280. doi:10.1046/j.1464-410X.2003.04324.x. PMID 12887483.
- S. Israilov; Baniel, J; Shmueli, J; Niv, E; Engelstein, D; Segenreich, E; Livne, PM (2004). "Treatment program for erectile dysfunction in patients with cardiovascular diseases". The American Journal of Cardiology 93 (6): 689–693. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2003.11.049. PMID 15019870.
- Trissel Lawrence A, Zhang Yanping (May–June 2004). "Long-Term Stability of Trimix: A Three-Drug Injection Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction". International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding: 231–235.
- TriMix Injection, 6th Sub Heading, Olympia Compounding Pharmacy, Orlando, 2012
|This pharmacology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|