Tucson Gem & Mineral Show
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase is a gem and mineral show that takes place annually in late January and February at multiple locations across the city of Tucson, Arizona. Most of the shows are open to the public, except for certain trade shows which require registration with a business license.
The key event of the Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase is the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show produced by the Tucson Gem and Mineral Society. This show has been held annually since 1955 and now occupies 181,000 square feet (16,800 m2) of the Tucson Convention Center. Many museums and universities, including the Smithsonian Institution and the Sorbonne, have displayed at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.
The first Tucson Gem and Mineral Show was held in an elementary school in 1955 and shortly thereafter moved to a Quonset hut at the Tucson Fair Grounds. In 1973, it moved into the Tucson Community Center, first occupying the North Exhibit Hall, then expanding into the Arena and upper Arena concourse. After the completion of the new facility in 1990, which is now called the Tucson Convention Center, the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show now occupies the Arena, Exhibition Halls A-B-C, Galleria and Ballrooms.
The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show is one of the single highest revenue-producing events for the Tucson economy. The estimated economic impact in 2014 was $120 million. 
- Haubrich, K. (2016) http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/31191547/62nd-tucson-gem-and-mineral-show-kicks-off-thursday
- Pallack, B. (2016) http://tucson.com/business/local/visitors-expected-at-nd-gem-shows/article_444ab371-c530-563a-a123-cd181f3e4893.html
- Butch-Buus, L. (2016) http://www.tucsonlocalmedia.com/business/article_ca1d2cb6-d4ec-11e5-8069-2f2796469a99.html
- "Gem showcase makes big economic impact". Arizona Daily Star. January 30, 2015. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
Media related to Tucson Gem & Mineral Show at Wikimedia Commons
- 22nd Street Mineral, Fossil, and Gem Show
- The Gem & Lapidary Wholesalers Show - G&LW Show / Gem Mall / Holidome
- JOGS Tucson Gem & Jewelry Show
- Tucson Gem and Mineral Society
- List of all Tucson Mineral, Fossil, Gem & Jewelry Shows
- The Tucson Show Guide
- Tucson Show and other major gem & mineral show reporting since 1998
- Tucson gem and mineral shows insider's guide
- Tucson Annual reports about Tucson gem & mineral show