Type 344 radar
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type 344 on Luhu class destroyer
|Country of origin||People's Republic of China|
The Type 344 is a multifunctional fire control radar (FCR) developed by the Xian Research Institute of Navigation Technology (西安导航技术研究所)/XRINT/ No. 20th Research Institute.
It can track two batches of target simultaneously and measure the position deviation between the shell and the target, constantly calibrating the gun's firing parameters in action. The system also includes a TV tracker and laser range finder. It is used to control 76m, 100mm and 130mm guns in PLAN service.
- Uses phase scanning techniques
- Uses pulse compression, MTI (Moving Target Indicator) and CFAR (Constant False Alarm Rate)
- Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) amplifier
- Independent search capability in 10" X 10"
- Able to track both surface and airborne targets
- TV tracking/Laser Range finding
- Type 051C Luzhou class destroyer
- Type 052 Luhu class destroyer
- Type 052B Guangzhou class destroyer
- Type 052C Lanzhou class destroyer
- Type 054 Ma'anshan class frigate