University Medical Center (UTA station)
|Utah Transit Authority (UTA)
TRAX light rail station
Red Line train at University Medical Center
|Location||10 North Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah
Utah Transit Authority (UTA):
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||UTA inter-county local bus
|Opened||29 September 2003|
University Medical Center is a light rail station on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States, served by the Red Line of the Utah Transit Authority's (UTA) TRAX light rail system. The Red Line provides service from this station (near the University of Utah Medical Center) to the Daybreak Community of South Jordan.
The station is located on the campus of the University of Utah at 10 North Mario Capecchi Drive (formerly called Medical Drive),[Note 1] with both side platforms situated on the west side of the street. The station provides service for the nearby medical facilities, including the University of Utah Hospital, Primary Children's Medical Center, the Huntsman Cancer Institute, and the Moran Eye Center. Unlike many TRAX stations, University Medical Center does not have a Park and Ride lot, however, UTA indicates that there is "limited parking" available. The station is part of a railway right of way that was created specifically for the former University Line. The station opened on 29 September 2003 and is operated by the Utah Transit Authority.
All of UTA's TRAX and FrontRunner trains and stations, streetcars and streetcar stops, and all fixed route buses are compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act and are therefore accessible to those with disabilities. Signage at the stations, on the passenger platforms, and on the trains clearly indicate accessibility options. In accordance with the Utah Clean Air Act and UTA ordinance, "smoking is prohibited on UTA vehicles as well as UTA bus stops, TRAX stations, and FrontRunner stations".
On weekdays the first (southbound) train (to the Daybreak Parkway Station) leaves the University Medical Center Station at about 5:30 am and the last train leaves at 11:30 pm. However, the last train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last train to the Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 11:00 pm.[Note 2]
On Saturdays the first (southbound) train leaves at about 7:00 am and the last southbound train leaves at 11:37 pm. However, the last southbound train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last southbound train to the Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 10:17 pm.[Note 2]
On Sundays the first (southbound) train leaves at about 10:00 am and the last southbound train leaves at 8:17 pm. However, the last southbound train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last southbound train to the Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 6:57 pm.[Note 2]
Bus routes are current as of Change Day, 17 August 2014.
- UTA Route 21 - 2100 South/2100 East (University of Utah, including Fort Douglas Station - Sugar House, including Sugar House Park - Salt Lake City, including Salt Lake County Government complex - South Salt Lake, including Central Pointe Station [via 2100 East & 2100 South])
- UTA Route 213 - 1300 East/1100 East (University of Utah, including Fort Douglas, University South Campus, and Stadium stations - Sugar House - Millcreek - Murray - Midvale, including Midvale Center Station [via 1300 East])
- UTA Route 473 - Salt Lake/Ogden Highway 89 Express (University of Utah, including University Medical Center and Fort Douglas, University South Campus, and Stadium stations - Downtown Salt Lake City - Farmington, including Farmington Station - Fruit Heights, including the UDOT Park and Ride lot at 300 North & Country Way - South Weber, including the Park and Ride lot at Highway 89 and South Weber Drive - Unitah - South Ogden - Ogden, including Ogden Intermodal Transit Center and Weber State University [via Highway 89 & I-15])
- UTA Route 902 - Park City - Salt Lake City Connect (Downtown Salt Lake City, including Salt Lake Central Station - University Medical Center - Park City, including Jeremy Ranch, Canyons Transit Hub, Park City Mountain Resort, Park City Transit Center, and Dear Valley Resort)
Seasonal bus with reduced schedule in non-ski season - this route is part of PC-SLC Connect and has limited stops
- Although (as of August 2014) UTA still lists the address of the station as 10 North Medical Drive, that portion of Medical Drive, as well as the nearby Wasatch Drive, was renamed and re-signed as Mario Capecchi Drive in February 2008.
- Train schedules are current as of Change Day, 17 August 2014
- "TRAX Parking and Stops". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 13 Aug 2014.
- Baird, Joe (28 Sep 2003). "New TRAX Extension Opens Monday". ksl.com. Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media. Associated Press. Retrieved 8 Mar 2013.
- Leonard, Wendy (24 Feb 2008). "Capecchi is honored at Salt Lake gala". Deseret News. Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media. Retrieved 8 Mar 2013.
- "Fixed Route Accessibility". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 13 Mar 2013.
- "Rider Rules". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 12 Mar 2013.
- "TRAX" (PDF). rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. 13 Apr 2014. Retrieved 15 Apr 2014.
- "Route 703 - Red Line" (PDF). rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 13 Aug 2014.