|This page is an essay, containing the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors. Essays are not Wikipedia policies or guidelines. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints.|
This essay deals with the concept and importance of reflection, especially when faced with criticism of one's actions or behaviours.
An old story
This old story serves as a terrific introduction to the important of reflection:
A man goes into his psychiatrist's office, completely exhausted.
The psychiatrist asks "What's wrong?"
The man replies "Oh, I have 3 big problems: my wife doesn't listen to me, my son doesn't listen to me, and my boss doesn't listen to me either! I just don't know what to do!!!!"
The psychiatrist nods his head and says "Ahh, so what we're going to start with is talking about you"
re·flec·tion (ri-flek-shuhn) noun
- the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
- an image; representation; counterpart.
- a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration.
- a thought occurring in consideration or meditation.
- an unfavorable remark or observation.