|Search user languages|
I am interested and professionally involved in the field of History. My specific areas of knowledge are the Carolingian period, Anglo-Saxon England and the early Crusades, including the Military Orders - though I am interested in most areas of Military and European History. It is perhaps also worth mentioning that I have a strong understanding of a number of languages (better at reading than speaking I must add). However, I think that I'm going to try and avoid editing the fields which I directly work in as I'd like to maintain a distance between work on Wikipedia and that of my real life; this might seem strange but I have three major reasons: firstly they are of very different nature with my own work focussing on original research; secondly I feel my edits might show some bias as I have strong opinions on a number of the issues; and thirdly just to keep me sane.
A bit more about me: I live in the UK; I enjoy theatre, horticulture, football, tennis, badminton and consider myself rather a cigar aficionado.
I've used Wikipedia as a resource for years and would love to help improve it using the knowledge and commitment I have at my disposal.
Please feel free to leave me any messages on my talk page.
- Use Preview page more frequently
- Battle of Dyrrhachium - expand, reference, clarify
- CNN - clarify and create pages needed
- Frank Beardow - create page for Historian (no this isn't me...)
- Charlemagne's wars - work with others to see if page worth creating (under discussion at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Military history
- William Murray, 1st Earl of Dysart - create page
- Teutonic Knights - expand, reference - reach GA? - n.b German artice has lots of relevant information
- Hermann von Salza - expand, reference - reach GA?
- Work out how to use IRC...
- Get involved with Wikipedia:WikiProject Spoken Wikipedia
- Upload any photos I have which may be of use
- Be a good mentee for Worm That Turned