|Directed by||Jacques Rivette|
|Produced by||Maurice Tinchant|
|Written by||Pascal Bonitzer
|Edited by||Nicole Lubtchansky|
|Distributed by||Les Films du Losange (France)
Sony Pictures Classics (USA)
|May 16, 2001|
Va savoir (English: Who Knows?) is a 2001 French romantic comedy-drama film directed by Jacques Rivette. It stars Jeanne Balibar, Marianne Basler, Hélène de Fougerolles, and Catherine Rouvel. In the normal version, Va Savoir is 154 minutes. It was entered into the 2001 Cannes Film Festival.
The actress Camille is on tour with her theatre ensemble and her partner for life, the Italian director Ugo. On her return to her hometown Paris she learns that her former lover Pierre lives now with Sonia, a ballet dancer. Ugo meanwhile gets to know the female arts student Dominique who seems to know something about a legendary lost object.
- Jeanne Balibar as Camille B.
- Marianne Basler as Sonia
- Hélène de Fougerolles as Dominique 'Do'
- Catherine Rouvel as Madame Desprez
- Sergio Castellitto as Ugo
- Jacques Bonnaffé as Pierre
- Bruno Todeschini as Arthur
- Claude Berri as Librarian
- Attilio Cucari as Salter
- Bettina Kee as Mop
- Luciana Castellucci as Lena
- Emanuele Vacca as Salesio
- Arturo Armone Caruso as Bruno
- Valeria Cavalli as Ines
- Fausto Maria Sciarappa as Silvio
- "Festival de Cannes: Va savoir". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Rivette, Jacques; De Pascale, Goffredo (2003). Jacques Rivette (in Italian). Il Castoro. ISBN 8-88033-256-2.
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|