Princess Victoria (wrestler)
May 5, 1962|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Princess Victoria|
|Billed height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Billed weight||145 lb (66 kg)|
|Billed from||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Trained by||Sandy Barr|
Otis was trained in Portland, Oregon by Sandy Barr. She feuded with another of Barr's trainees, Velvet McIntyre. The two women competed against each other in singles and tag team matches in Vancouver All Star Wrestling.
National Wrestling Alliance (1980–1983)
Both women continued their feud while working for NWA Pacific Northwest under promoter Don Owen. They eventually ended their feud and formed a tag team. The duo won the NWA Women's Tag Team Championship on May 13, 1984 in Calgary, Alberta.
World Wrestling Federation (1983–1984)
In 1983, the World Wrestling Federation withdrew from the National Wrestling Alliance, and when McIntyre and Victoria rejoined the promotion in 1984, they were immediately recognized as holding the WWF Women's Tag Team Championship. The duo defended the championship against the team of Wendi Richter and Peggy Lee multiple times, including a match on April 23rd, 1984 in Madison Square Garden. On September 1, 1984, Otis suffered a career-ending neck injury defending the tag team titles in Philadelphia. The title she held was retired shortly thereafter. Desiree Petersen later replaced Victoria when she was let go from the WWF in 1984.
In 2012, Desiree Peterson and Princess Victoria managed pro-wrestler Rescue 911 (Christopher Annino) and Lady Liberty (Nikki Moccia) at a Showcase Pro Wrestling event in Clinton, Connecticut for Cystic Fibrosis awareness. Prior to her move to Washington Victoria lived in Virginia and volunteered her time at South Hampton County Animal Shelter. Otis is retired from professional wrestling and now resides in Washington.
In July 2016, Otis was named part of a class action lawsuit filed against WWE which alleged that wrestlers incurred traumatic brain injuries during their tenure and that the company concealed the risks of injury. The suit is litigated by attorney Konstantine Kyros, who has been involved in a number of other lawsuits against WWE. According to her, due to WWE lack of medical attention, she is fully disabeled and sometimes has to use a wheelchair.
Championships and accomplishments
- National Wrestling Alliance
- World Wrestling Federation
- Cauliflower Alley Club
- "Northwest mainstay Sandy Barr dies". 2007-06-02. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "Interview with Sandy Barr". June 2006. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Nevada, Vance (June 30, 2005). "Results for Velvet McIntyre". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- The Wrestling Collector (2017-12-16), WWF at MSG Madison Square Garden (uncensored audio) (4-23-84), retrieved 2018-02-23
- Oliver, Greg. "Princess Victoria: A career cut short". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- [dead link]
- "WWE sued in wrestler class action lawsuit featuring Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, Paul 'Mr Wonderful' Orndorff". FoxSports.com. Fox Entertainment Group (21st Century Fox). July 18, 2015. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Princess Victoria is a 2018 Honoree | Cauliflower Alley Club". www.caulifloweralleyclub.org. Retrieved 2018-02-23.