This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Vollmer Company was founded in 1946 by Wolfram K. Vollmer (1924–2010) and initially manufactured metal collar buttons. The German currency reform of June 1948 and subsequent economic growth led to a demand for plastic collar buttons and the company introduced plastic injection technology. Vollmer also began to develop plastic model railway accessories and presented a patented catenary system for HO scale model toy trains at the 1949 Nuremberg Toy Fair. By 1954, the company had begun production of HO-scale model houses. In the 1970s Vollmer had a large enterprise that included American models as well as European models.
Vollmer GmbH is based in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and produces an extensive range of houses, model railway and industrial buildings, vehicles, catenary and general accessories in G, H0, TT, N and Z scales.
In 2014, Susanne Vollmer, director of the company, announced that the company will stop production and shut down business during 2014. 
In summer 2014 Vollmer and Viessmann announced that Viessmann acquire the license in the brand Vollmer and that from September 2014 the Vollmer products will be available for the market.
- Vollmer Guide to Scale (with Greenberg’s Guide to Märklin Z). Greenberg Publishing, 1990
- Wolfram Vollmer online.de/en/archive/christmas-2010 (Accessed 8 May 2011)
- Wolfram Vollmer marklin-users.net (Accessed 8 May 2011)
- History of the Vollmer Company vollmer-online.de/en/history.html (Accessed 8 May 2011)
- Vollmer Online vollmer-online.de/en/ (Accessed 8 May 2011)
- Announcement of ending production http://vollmer-online.de/en/archive/anouncement_2014.html
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This model rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|