(Redirected from Watch Tower)Jump to navigation Jump to search
A watchtower is a type of fortification.
Watchtower or Watch Tower may also refer to:
Buildings and structures
- Observation tower, a stand-alone structure used to view events from a long distance and to create a full 360 degree range of vision
- Lookout tower, a tower usually located at a high vantage point see any trace of fire and call for fire suppression
- Watchtower (agricultural), a hut used in the ancient Middle East for watching over farmland and storing harvested produce
- Watchtower, New York, a census-designated place, United States
- Watch Tower (mountain), a mountain in the Wind River Range, Wyoming, USA
- The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, a publishing company of Jehovah's Witnesses
- The Watchtower, a magazine published by Jehovah's Witnesses
- Kitawala or "Watchtower movement", a religious movement in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Watchtower (magic), part of John Dee's system of Enochian Magic, later came to be associated with the 19th Century Order of the Golden Dawn and the ritual workings within Wicca
Guadalcanal Campaign, codenamed Operation Watchtower, a military campaign fought between 7 August 1942 and 9 February 1943
Fiction and comics
- The Watch Tower, a novel by Australian author Elizabeth Harrower published in 1966
- Watchtower, part of The Chronicles of Tornor series
- Justice League Watchtower, the name of various headquarters of the fictional superhero team "Justice League"
Film and TV
- Watchtower (2001 film)
- Watchtower, the codename of the character Chloe Sullivan in the TV series Smallville, or the room that serves as her headquarters
- Watchtower (band), a progressive metal band
- "All Along the Watchtower", a song written and originally recorded by Bob Dylan that has been performed by Jimi Hendrix, Dave Matthews Band, and others
- Watchtower (song), a 2012 song by Devlin
- "Watchtower", a song by Echo & the Bunnymen on "Nothing Lasts Forever" (1997)
- "Watchtower", a song by Abigail Williams on Legend (2007)
- "Watchtower", a song by The Psychedelic Furs (1989)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Watchtower.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.