Westbrook-Walnut Grove School district
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Westbrook-Walnut Grove Schools|
|Westbrook and Walnut Grove, Minnesota
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||41.25 (on FTE basis)|
|Colors||Red and Silver|
Westbrook-Walnut Grove Public School district was formed in the late 1990s when the Westbrook Wildcats and the Walnut Grove Loggers merged to become one school district. The new mascot is the Chargers.
- Schools = One elementary school (K–6 grades) and one high school (7–12 grades)
- Elementary School is in Walnut Grove and High School is in Westbrook
- Mascot = Chargers
- School Colors = Red and Silver
- ISD No. = 2898
- Paul Olson, Current Principal of Walnut Grove's Elementary School
- Loy Woelber, Current Principal of Westbrook's High School
- Loy Woelber, Current Superintendent of WWG
All of Westbrook-Walnut Grove's Sports Teams are known as the WWG Chargers. WWG's sports/academic teams include football, baseball, softball, wrestling, knowledge bowl, volleyball, and basketball. WWG also has band available for grades 5–12. Chorus is required for everyone.
Prior to 2009, there were grades K–4 held in each town. Grades 5–8 were held in Walnut Grove and grades 9–12 were held in Westbrook. Starting at the beginning of the 2009–2010 school year, grades K–6 were all being held in Walnut Grove and grades 7–12 were all being held in Westbrook.
Free and reduced-price lunches are available for families that apply and qualify. Students may choose between eating hot lunch or from the salad bar. Some of the hot lunches that they serve at WWG include spaghetti, ribs, and salisbury steak.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Westbrook-Walnut Grove Schools". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "WWG Home". Westbrook-Walnut Grove Schools. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
|This Minnesota school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|