What Do You Take Me For?
|"What Do You Take Me For?"|
|Single by Pixie Lott featuring Pusha T|
|from the album Young Foolish Happy|
|Released||4 November 2011|
|Pixie Lott singles chronology|
"What Do You Take Me For?" is a song by English recording artist Pixie Lott from her second studio album, Young Foolish Happy (2011). The song features American rapper Pusha T and was released on 4 November 2011 as the album's second single. The track received its first play on Capital FM on 26 September 2011.
Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the song four out of five stars, stating: "Fortunately, the rest of the track is less spooktacular and more in-yer-face girl power. 'Don't know what you think I'm after/ What do you take me for?' she calls over a squelchy and thoroughly grindable bassline with just enough disgust in her tone to warn off any fellas who think she's a cheap date. We hate to break it to you Pix, but wearing a snakeskin leotard and popping your crotch on the dancefloor in your accompanying music video will do little to help your cause...you big tease!"
"What Do You Take Me For?" debuted at number ten on the UK Singles Chart with first-week sales of 34,335 copies, becoming Lott's first non-number-one single to chart inside the top ten. The following week, it fell to number twenty with 16,553 copies sold.
The music video, directed by Declan Whitebloom, premiered on 6 October 2011 and develops on a dark background while Lott is seen dancing and singing. It begins with a car pulling into a building before Lott and various scantily-clad back-up dancers perform their routine while Pusha T is seemingly pleading to Lott.
- Digital EP
- "What Do You Take Me For?" – 2:55
- "What Do You Take Me For?" (Bimbo Jones Remix) – 5:55
- "What Do You Take Me For?" (E-Squire Remix) – 5:31
- "What Do You Take Me For?" (Benji Boko Remix) – 3:06
- Pixie Lott – vocals
- Tim Debney – mastering
- Alex G. – additional engineering, additional vocal production
- Anne Preven – mixing
- Pusha T – rap
- David Ralicke – horns
- Rusko – production
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||9|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||10|
|Ireland||4 November 2011||Digital download||Mercury Records|
|United Kingdom||6 November 2011|
- "Pixie Lott's New Single 'What Do You Take Me For' On Capital". Capital FM. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Copsey, Robert (1 November 2011). "Pixie Lott ft. Pusha T: 'What Do You Take Me For?' – Single review". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Jones, Alan (14 November 2011). "UK Singles Chart Analysis: Rihanna track sells another 80k". Music Week. Intent Media. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Pixie Lott". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "UK Album Chart Analysis: Buble outsells JLS by just 569 units". Music Week. Intent Media. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Knight, David (11 October 2011). "Pixie Lott feat Pusha T 'What Do You Take Me For' by Declan Whitebloom". Promo News. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "What Do You Take Me For? (feat. Pusha T) – EP by Pixie Lott". iTunes Store UK. Apple. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Young Foolish Happy (CD liner notes). Pixie Lott. Mercury Records. 2011. 2779724.
- "Chart Track: Week 45, 2011". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-11-19". Scottish Singles Top 40. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-11-19" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "What Do You Take Me For? by Pixie Lott / Pusha T". 7digital Ireland. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "What Do You Take Me For? by Pixie Lott / Pusha T". 7digital UK. Retrieved 18 June 2014.