White Knight (film)
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Aarti Shrivastava|
|Produced by||Hari Om Entertainment|
|Written by||Aarti Shrivastava|
|Music by||Daniel Arlington, Tony Basumatary, Utkkarsh Dhotekar|
White Knight is an Indian documentary film directed by Aarti Shrivastava. The subject is Chewang Norphel, a 78-year-old engineer in Leh, Ladakh, who, over the last 15 years, has invented and implemented a technology that is helping provide a solution to an ecological disaster created by climate change.
The film documents how Ladakh is grappling with an alarming water scarcity situation. In this high altitude desert where the melting of glaciers has been the traditional source of fresh water, a warmer planet is playing havoc with lifestyles and the ecology. With glaciers melting faster, fresh water is precious. Norphel's solution uses common sense and elementary observational science to create artificial glaciers.
Awards and recognitions
- Opening Film Water Doc Film Festival Canada 
- Official Selection Jaipur International Film Festival 2013 
- Official Selection South Asian Film Festival Canada 2012
- Official Selection Colorado Film Festival 2013 
- Special Mention Women Deliver Cinema Corner Conference 
- "Akshay produces documentary on global warming". Times of India. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Indian engineer 'builds' new glaciers to stop global warming". The Telegraph. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "Thursday, Day 1 | Ecologos". Ecologos.ca. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Welcome to Movie Land" (PDF). Jiffindia.org. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "White Knight". Saffcanada.org. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Colorado Environmental Film Festival 2013 Program". Ceff.net. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Updates » Women Deliver Announces Cinema Corner Finalists for Women Deliver 2013". Women Deliver. 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2013-10-20.