|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.|
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
The Phase II software, or the PHP script, was the precursor to MediaWiki written by Magnus Manske and replaced the UseModWiki engine on the English Wikipedia on 25 January 2002, after having been used on Meta beginning on 9 November 2001. It was replaced by MediaWiki (also known as the Phase III software) on the English Wikipedia on 20 July 2002.
The last version of the Phase II branch is available in the MediaWiki Subversion repository (see r1289). The code is also available at SourceForge in the directory
fpw using a CVS client with the command:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/wikipedia co -P phpwiki
- Wikipedia:Phase II feature requests
- Wikipedia:Phase II bug reports
- Wikipedia:PHP script new features
- Wikipedia:PHP script tech talk
- Wikipedia:PHP script automatic wikification
- Wikipedia:MediaWiki (archive)#History
- Wikipedia:MediaWiki (archive)#Change from Phase II to Phase III
- Wikipedia:MediaWiki FAQ, much of which deals with the Phase II software (also see the version from May 2002)
- Wikipedia:Magnus Manske Day