|Amtrak inter-city rail station|
The former passenger shelter at Winnemucca Station
|Location||209 Railroad Street
Winnemucca, Nevada 89445
|Owned by||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Parking||4 long term spaces|
|Passengers (2016)||4,050 11.97%|
Winnemucca was originally a stop on the Southern Pacific Railway's Transcontinental Railroad, however after passenger service was acquired by Amtrak in 1971, the station became little more than a bus shelter along the platform. The former SP freight house was neglected and torn down sometime in the early 21st century. The previous bus shelter, which was installed in 1993, was replaced with a new ADA compliant station in early 2012 at a cost of 1.26 million dollars. The station is owned by the Union Pacific Railroad. There are no services provided at the station (e.g., ticketing, restrooms, lounge, etc.).
- As of 13 January 2014, the previous schedule continues with the westbound train (Route 5) scheduled to stop at 5:40 am and the eastbound train (Route 6) scheduled to stop at 7:08 pm.
- "Winnemucca, NV (WNN)". amtrak.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 22 Aug 2013.
- "Great American Stations: Winnemucca, NV (WNN)". greatamericanstations.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 3 Jan 2014.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2016, State of Nevada" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. Nov 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "California Zephyr" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. 13 Jan 2014. p. 2. Retrieved 3 Jan 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Winnemucca (Amtrak station).|
- Amtrak – Stations – Winnemucca, NV
- Winnemucca Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- TrainWeb)
- Winnemucca, NV (WNN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Nevada train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|