Wisconsin Women's Rugby Football Club
The WWRFC plays competitively in the Wisconsin Rugby Football Union, a subsidiary of the Midwest Rugby Football Union and the USA Rugby. The team is a tax-exempt non-profit organization as a member of Madison United Rugby. The team holds all practices and home matches at the Wisconsin Rugby Sports Complex.
The WWRFC is closely associated with the Wisconsin Rugby Clubtand the Madison Minotaurs, the men's amateur rugby teams in Madison, in addition to men's and women's teams at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and area high schools.
The WWRFC won the Midwest Women's Division II Championship in 2015 and 2016, defeating the Cincinnati Kelts in 2015 and the Milwaukee Scylla in 2016 for the Championships.
The WWRFC earned appearances in the Midwest Women's Division II Final Four every season from 2011-2016, appearing in the final match during four of those seasons.
In 2006, the WWRFC finished fourth in the Midwest and 17th overall in the nation. The team traveled to Seattle to play the 16th-ranked Emerald City Mudhens in one of four 2007 USA Rugby Division I Women's Challenge Matches on May 26, 2007.
The WWRFC has been represented by its current and past players on state, regional and national all-star teams, including:
- Wisconsin Under-23 Women's Select-Side Team
- Wisconsin Senior Women's Select-Side Team
- Midwest Women's Under-23 Select-Side Team (Midwest Thunderbirds)
- Midwest Senior Women's 7s Select-Side Team (Midwest Thunderbirds)
- Midwest Senior Women's 15s Select-Side Team (Midwest Thunderbirds)
- U.S. Women's Under-23 National Team (USA Eagles)
- U.S. Women's 7s Developmental Team (USA Eagles)
- U.S. Women's National Team (USA Eagles)
- "WISCONSIN WOMEN'S RUGBY – 2015 USA Rugby National Champions • 2015 Midwest Champions • Madison, Wisconsin, USA". wwrfc.com. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- User, Super. "Madison United Rugby - Madison United Rugby". www.rugbymadison.org. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Life West, Wisconsin, Wichita claim Club Championships". USA Rugby. Retrieved 2016-05-15.