Without Name (2016 film)
|Directed by||Lorcan Finnegan|
|Produced by||Brunella Cocchiglia|
|Written by||Garret Shanley|
|Music by||Gavin O'Brien|
|Edited by||Tony Cranstoun|
Without Name is a 2016 Irish eco-horror film directed by Lorcan Finnegan, based on a script by Garret Shanley. The film had its world premiere on 12 September 2016 at the Toronto International Film Festival. Without Name marks the director's feature film directorial debut and stars Alan McKenna as a land surveyor who is sent to a mysterious forest harboring a strange secret.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (March 2017)
Eric is a land surveyor that has been sent out to assess a forest in Dublin. His employer is vague on the exact reasons for the survey, but Eric willingly goes on the assignment in order to get away from his family. It also allows Eric to spend more time with his student assistant Olivia, as the two are engaged in an extramarital affair and their assignment will leave them in almost complete seclusion from the outside world. Once arrived, strange occurrences and malfunctioning equipment begin to cause Eric's mind to unravel.
- Alan McKenna as Eric
- Niamh Algar as Olivia
- James Browne as Gus
Critical reception for Without Name has been positive. The film holds a rating of 79% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 14 reviews, with an average rating of 6.1/10. Common praise for the film centered upon its acting and mood, prompting horror website Bloody Disgusting's Daniel Kurland to state that he was interested in viewing Finnegan's future work. Criticism for Without Name focused on what reviewers felt was a familiar and formulaic narrative.
- Martin, Peter (2016-08-31). "Toronto 2016 Exclusive: WITHOUT NAME Teaser and Poster, Ethereal and Mysterious". ScreenAnarchy. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Geddes, Colin. "Without Name". Toronto International Film Festival. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Church, Ricky (2016-09-15). "TIFF 2016 Interview – Lorcan Finnegan and cast on Without Name". Flickering Myth. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "Without Name (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- Kurland, Daniel (2016-10-24). "[Brooklyn HFF Review] 'Without Name' is a Trippy, Delirious Time Lost in the Woods Where You Won't Want to Find Your Way Out". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Tobias, Scott (2016-09-15). "Film Review: 'Without Name'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Rooney, David (2016-09-12). "'Without Name': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Donato, Matt (2016-09-17). "Without Name Review [TIFF 2016]". We Got This Covered. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|