World's Finest Chocolate
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Website||WorldsFinest.ca in Canada|
World's Finest Chocolate is a chocolate company based in Chicago, Illinois. It's been stated that the company has sold over 5 billion chocolate bars. They manufacture chocolate "from bean to bar", and source cocoa beans from their own cocoa farm in St. Lucia. These chocolate bars are frequently sold in fundraisers.
The company is best known for chocolate bars.
In 1922, Ed Opler, Sr. established E&A Opler Co., a cocoa packaging company.
In 1939, Opler started the Cook Chocolate Company, Chicago.
- Schmeltzer, John (February 7, 2006). "Chocolate firm breaks mold ; World's Finest expands into retail". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 20, 2012. (subscription required)
- Plunkett, Jack W. (2008). Plunkett's Food Industry Almanac. Pluncket Research, Ltd. Retrieved May 20, 2012. ISBN 1593924496
- Miller, David (September 15, 2011). "Broadcast group works with World's Finest Chocolate on Guinness record-setting campaign". The Dispatch. Retrieved May 20, 2012. External link in
- "How many calories? World's biggest chocolate bar unveiled". The Sun. September 14, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2012. External link in
- "Local Company Seeks Record For World's Largest Chocolate Bar". CBS News (Chicago). September 13, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2012. External link in
- Lowe, Frederick H. (November 27, 1991). "Chocolate firm settles bias lawsuit: World's Finest will pay $2 million to blacks and women who were denied jobs". Chicago Sun-Times . Retrieved May 20, 2012. (subscription required)
- Chavez., Donna (November 29, 1992). "World's Finest A lifetime built on chocolate". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 20, 2012. (subscription required)
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|