World Health Organisation Composite International Diagnostic Interview
The World Health Organisation Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI) is a structured interview for psychiatric disorders. As the interview is designed for epidemiological studies, it can be administered by those who are not clinically trained and can be completed in a short amount of time. Versions of the CIDI were used in two important studies, the National Comorbidity Survey (NCS) and National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R) which are often used as a reference for estimates of the rates of psychiatric illness in the USA. The first version of the CIDI was published in 1988, and has been periodically updated to reflect the changing diagnostic criteria of DSM and ICD.
|WHO Composite International Diagnostic Interview – Short Form|
The Composite International Diagnostic Interview – Short Form (CIDI-SF) was first published by Ronald C. Kessler and colleagues in 1998, and the PhenX Toolkit uses this as its adult protocol for general psychiatric assessment. However, the CIDI-SF is no longer supported. According to a 2007 memo by Kessler, this decision was based on decreased need for the CIDI-SF following the introduction of other short interviews (specifically, PRIME-MD and MINI) and a lack of funding to refine the instrument.
- Blazer DG, Kessler RC, McGonagle KA, Swartz MS (July 1994). "The prevalence and distribution of major depression in a national community sample: The National Comorbidity Survey". American Journal of Psychiatry. 151 (7): 979–86. doi:10.1176/ajp.151.7.979. PMID 8010383.
- Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Demler O, Merikangas KR, Walters EE (June 2005). "Prevalence, Severity, and Comorbidity of 12-Month DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication". Archives of General Psychiatry. 62 (6): 617–27. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.62.6.617. PMC 2847357. PMID 15939839.
- Robins LN, Wing J, Wittchen HU, Helzer JE, Babor TF, Burke J, Farmer A, Jablenski A, Pickens R, Regier DA, Sartorius N, Towle LH (December 1988). "The Composite International Diagnostic Interview: An Epidemiologic Instrument Suitable for Use in Conjunction With Different Diagnostic Systems and in Different Cultures". Archives of General Psychiatry. 45 (12): 1069–1077. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.1988.01800360017003. PMID 2848472.
- Kessler RC, Andrews G, Mroczek D, Ustun B, Wittchen H (November 1998). "The World Health Organization Composite International Diagnostic Interview short-form (CIDI-SF)". International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research. 7 (4): 171–185. doi:10.1002/mpr.47. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Protocol Overview: General Psychiatric Assessment - Adult". PhenX Toolkit, Ver 20.0. RTI International. 31 January 2017. Archived from the original on 31 January 2017.
- "About the WHO WMH-CIDI". World Mental Health Composite International Diagnostic Interview. 2017. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Kessler R (17 August 2007). "CIDI-SF Memo" (PDF). World Mental Health Composite International Diagnostic Interview. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 October 2015.
|This psychiatry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|