Content Management Systems
|Headquarters||Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway|
|Products||Content Management, Proposal software and Collaborative Real-time Editors|
Xait (pronounced "excite") is a software development company, specializing in Web-based database services. The company provides its customers with software for document publishing and collaboration. Its product XaitPorter, is a collaborative-writing software and is used by clients worldwide to create bids, proposals, financial reports, contracts and other business critical documentation. In Norway the majority of all Oil operators use XaitPorter for writing their drilling license applications. At the 22nd licensing round in Norway, 100% of the oil & gas operator licenses on Norwegian continental shelf were awarded to XaitPorter clients.
Managed Collaborative Authoring Process
The Managed Collaborative Authoring Process is a document creation technique and term invented by Xait in 2001 by which a structured and controlled collection of tasks and events create repetitive business value through quality, efficiency and security improvements, when applied to a group of writers, reviewers and/or approvers.
The reuse of documentation and a means to improve the processes surrounding this has been an issue since the late 1980s/early 1990s, when wordprocessing was embraced by the masses as the main tool for document production. David M. Levy wrote a paper on this back in 1993, highlighting some of the issues regarding document reuse. "The world, though continually changing, is changing incrementally.Much remains the same (unchanged) at any one time, at least at the granularity of description we typically care about. This means that documents only need to be updated incrementally; and incremental updating is more easily achieved when existing material is reused."
Allowing the company to structure and control the rate and quality of the re-use of content, as well as keeping in line with compliance and security, gives an approach for Best practice when reusing content.
The company was founded in 2000 in Stavanger. Xait first started developing a content management system called XaitExposure and a customer relationship management product called XaitExonerate. In 2002 however, the company announced collaborative writing software called Publish-As-You-Go, later renamed XaitPorter.
- Xait was awarded "Best Web Collaboration Solution" at the 2014 UP-Start Cloud Awards in San Francisco.
- Xait was named a Gartner Sample Vendor in the 2014 Content Management Hype Cycle, within Collaborative Authoring tools.
- Xait was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2013.
- XaitPorter was awarded ”Star of Show” at the 2004 PETEX Conference and Exhibition.
- The database is built on Oracle Corporation architecture.
- In May 2013, Xait and Mike Parkinsons's GetMyGraphic formed a strategic partnership. Allowing users of Xait to integrate GetMyGraphic's database of editable graphics right into their XaitPorter documents.
- XaitPorter is offered as a turn-key solution in the form of a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or as an appliance (Solution-In-A-Box), as well as traditional proprietary software for installation on customer-provided hardware.
- XaitPorter introduced integration with Salesforce.com, allowing automation of proposals and contracts.
- XaitPorter implements a Managed Collaborative Authoring Process
The company’s customers include:
- Oil & Gas/Energy companies
- Maritime Ship Design Companies
- Private healthcare providers
- Facilities Management Companies
- Life Sciences
- Technology companies
- Engineering
- Defense
- Legal
- Finance
- Construction
- Standards Organisations
- Project management
- Document management system
- Revision control
- collaborative editing
- mass collaboration
- "Xait Releases New Version of the Document Collaboration Software XaitPorter". prnewswire.com. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Xait vil utfordre Word(Norwegian)". offshore.no. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "Multiple writers - One Document". Scandinavian-Oil and Gas Magazine. 2010-01-02. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "22nd Licensing Round". Regjeringen.no. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Agenda for Copenhagen Compliance". copenhagencompliance.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- David M. Levy (1993-12-01). "Document Reuse and Document systems" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "The evolution of document collaboration".
- "List of 2014 Awards Winners at UP2014". up-con.com. 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Hype Cycle for Content Management, 2014". Gartner.com. 2014-07-24. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- "Software Company Xait named Gartner Cool Vendor 2013". Reuters.com. 2013-04-29. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "2004 PETEX Conference and Exhibition". oilit.com. 2005-01-14. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Oracle feature on Xait". oracle.com. Archived from the original on May 16, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Xait and Get My Graphic Form Strategic Partnership". wsj.com. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Oracle Database Appliance Solution-In-A-Box". Oracle. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "XaitPorter - for proposals & contracts". Salesforce.com. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- "Xait joins Salesforce apps marketplace". financial-news.co.uk. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- "Operatørenes Ess i ermet(Norwegian)". petro.no. 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Order in writing chaos in Oil industry (translated from Norwegian, Heading and ingress not directly translatable)". aftenbladet.no. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "Porter løser skriveproblemer(Norwegian)". offshore.no. Retrieved 2013-04-25.