Your Man (Josh Turner song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Josh Turner|
|from the album Your Man|
|Genre||Country, Neotraditional Country|
|Josh Turner singles chronology|
"Your Man" is a song recorded by American country music artist Josh Turner. It was released in August 2005 as the lead-off single and title track from his album of the same name. The fourth chart single of his career, it became his first number one hit on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in early 2006. The song was certified Gold on June 1, 2006 by the RIAA, and Platinum on September 10, 2012. It has sold 1,307,000 copies in the United States as of November 2015.
The song won American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) awards for writers Chris Stapleton and Chris DuBois, as well as a Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI) award for writer Jace Everett upon its reaching Number One.
|US Billboard Hot 100||38|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||21|
Certifications and sales
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,307,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Bjorke, Matt (November 23, 2015). "Top 30 Digital Country Singles: November 23, 2015". Roughstock.
- "Charts Stand By 'Your Man'". Broadcast Music Incorporated. April 12, 2006. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- Morris, Edward (March 20, 2006). "ASCAP, BMI Honor Josh Turner and Writers of "Your Man"". CMT. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- "Josh Turner Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Josh Turner Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Josh Turner – Your Man". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|