Bruce Claflin is an American businessman and board member of the American semiconductor company Advanced Micro Devices and director of Ciena, a global supplier of telecommunications networking equipment, software, and services.
Claflin previously served as Senior Vice President and General Manager at Digital Equipment Corp. He then worked at IBM for 22 years where he held many sales, marketing and management positions, including general manager of IBM PC Company’s worldwide research and development, product and brand management, and president of IBM PC Company Americas.
In August 1998, he joined 3Com, a digital electronics manufacturer, as President and Chief Operating Officer. He served as President and Chief Executive Officer at 3Com from 2001 through 2006. In February 2006, he announced he would be stepping down as CEO of 3Com.
- "Bruce L. Claflin". Ciena. Ciena. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Hamblen, Matt (January 11, 2006). "3Com's CEO, Bruce Claflin, to step down". Computer World. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Cox, John (March 24, 2003). "IT execs share wireless experiences". Network World. 20 (12): 16. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Bruce Claflin Appointed AMD Chairman of the Board". Computer Graphics World. March 3, 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Vanian, Jonathan (May 12, 2016). "Struggling AMD Gets a New Chairman". Fortune. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Takahashi, Deam (January 10, 2011). "AMD CEO Dirk Meyer — the man who outwitted Intel — resigns". Venture Beat. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|