7 Days in Havana
|7 Days in Havana|
|Directed by||Benicio del Toro
Juan Carlos Tabío
|Produced by||Laurent Baudens
|Written by||Leonardo Padura Fuentes|
|Editing by||Thomas Fernandez
|Distributed by||Rézo Films (France)|
|Running time||129 minutes|
|Language||Spanish, English, Serbian|
7 Days in Havana (Spanish: 7 días en La Habana) is a 2012 Spanish-language anthology film. Set during a week in the Cuban capital Havana, the film features one segment for each day, each segment directed by a different filmmaker. The directors are Julio Médem, Laurent Cantet, Juan Carlos Tabío, Benicio del Toro, Gaspar Noé, Pablo Trapero and Elia Suleiman. The screenplay was written by the Cuban novelist Leonardo Padura Fuentes. The film is a co-production between companies in Spain, France and Cuba. It was shot on location in Havana.
- "El Yuma" (Monday, Benicio Del Toro)
- "Jam Session" (Tuesday, Pablo Trapero)
- "La tentación de Cecilia" (Wednesday, Julio Médem)
- "Diary of a Beginner" (Thursday, Elia Suleiman)
- "Ritual" (Friday, Gaspar Noé)
- "Dulce amargo" (Saturday, Juan Carlos Tabío)
- "La fuente" (Sunday, Laurent Cantet)
- Daniel Brühl as Spanish Businessman
- Emir Kusturica as himself
- Elia Suleiman
- Josh Hutcherson as Teddy Atkins
- Vladimir Cruz
- Mirta Ibarra
- Jorge Perugorria
The film is a co-production between Spain's Morena Films and France's Full House, in association with Cuba's Havana Club International. It had a budget of around €3 million. Filming took place in Havana from 4 March to 6 May 2011.
- Ríos Pérez, Sergio (2011-01-04). "Morena Films gets ready to spend 7 Days In Havana". sineuropa.org. Cineuropa. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- Hopewell, John (2010-12-08). "Del Toro set to spend '7 Days in Havana'". Variety. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "7 Days in Havana: Cast & Credits". wildbunch.biz. Wild Bunch. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "7 Days In Havana (7 Dias En La Habana)". Screenbase. Screen International. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "2012 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 2012-04-21.