824 Anastasia is a main belt asteroid orbiting the Sun. It is approximately 34.14 km in diameter. It was discovered on March 25, 1916 by Grigory Neujmin at Simeiz Observatory in Russian Empire. It is named in memory of Anastasia Semenoff, an acquaintance of the discoverer.
On April 6, 2010, 824 Anastasia had the distinction of causing the brightest asteroid occultation ever predicted for North America for an asteroid of its size. The asteroid occulted the naked-eye star ζ Ophiuchi over a path stretching from the Los Angeles area to Edmonton, Alberta.
- ^ a b 
- ^ Discovery Circumstances: Numbered Minor Planets
- ^ Dictionary of Minor Planet Names (3rd ed) by Lutz D. Schmadel
- ^ Asteroid To Hide Naked-Eye Star
- ^ Asteroid To Hide Bright Star
- ^ (824) Anastasia / HIP 81377 event on 2010 Apr 06, 10:21 UT