91.7 ABC Coast FM
|Broadcast area||Gold Coast and Tweed Coast|
|Frequency||91.7 MHz FM|
|First air date||1988|
|Owner||Australian Broadcasting Corporation|
91.7 ABC Gold Coast is an ABC Local Radio station. Based in the suburb of Mermaid Beach, the station broadcasts to the Gold Coast and surrounding hinterland in Queensland, covering as far south as Byron Bay in New South Wales.
The callsign is 4ABCRR. The station started life in 1983 as 1593AM 4SO Gold Coast Rock. Originally set-up to target the youth market, the station is now a news, current affairs and adult contemporary music station.
Unlike most of the other ABC Local stations outside the capital cities, 91.7 ABC Gold Coast originates most of its own programming and has a higher music content. Breakfast, Mornings and Drive programs are a mix of music, news and current affairs. Afternoons are predominantly music based. Weekends are a combination of local and specialist programs, including sport with Grandstand.
Along with 90.3 ABC Coast FM on the Sunshine Coast the station does not carry any of the ABC Rural programs such as The Country Hour. Both stations also uniquely rebroadcast the ABC’s digital only radio station DiG at certain times.
- 2:00am–6:00am Trevor Chappell (Monday to Thursday) or Rod Quinn (Friday), Overnights (broadcast nationally)
- 5:00am–7:45am Bern Young, Breakfast
- 8:00am–8:30am Tony Eastley, AM (broadcast nationally)
- 8:30am–11:00am Nicole Dyer, Mornings
- 11:00am–12:00pm Richard Fidler, Conversations
- 12:00pm–1:00pm Eleanor Hall, The World Today (broadcast nationally)
- 1:00pm–3:00pm Kelly Higgins-Devine, Afternoons
- 3:00pm–6:00pm Scott Lamond, Drive
- 6:00pm–7:00pm Mark Colvin, PM (Broadcast nationally)
- 7:00pm–10:00pm Rebecca Levingston, Evenings (broadcast throughout Queensland)
- 10:00pm–2:00am Tony Delroy, Nightlife (broadcast nationally)
- Peter Scott, Weekends
Trevor Jackson is the 91.7 ABC Gold Coast Content Director for the Gold Coast & Music Director for both the Gold & Sunshine Coast stations.