|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2013)|
S&P 500 Component
|Traded as||NYSE: AES|
|Founded||January 28, 1981|
|Headquarters||Arlington, Virginia, U.S.|
|Key people||Philip A. Odeen
(President), (CEO) & (Director)
|Revenue||US$17.274 Billion (FY 2011)|
|Operating income||US$1.541 Billion (FY 2011)|
|Net income||US$58 Million (FY 2011)|
|Total assets||US$45.333 Billion (FY 2011)|
|Total equity||US$5.946 Billion (FY 2011)|
|Employees||27,000 (Dec 2011)|
The AES Corporation is a Fortune 200 company that generates and distributes electrical power. The company was founded on January 28, 1981, as Applied Energy Services by Roger Sant from the U.S. Federal Energy Administration and Dennis Bakke from the Office of Management and Budget. AES is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and is one of the world's leading power companies, generating and distributing electric power in 27 countries and employing 27,000 people worldwide.
In fiscal 2011 AES' total revenue was $17.274 billion.
In April 2010, AES acquired UK-based wind developer Your Energy Limited (YEL) and also signed an agreement to buy a 51% stake in a wind portfolio from 3E, a Polish wind developer. This move will add more than 700MW to AES Wind Generation's European pipeline. On April 1, 2012, YEL changed its name to AES Wind Generation Ltd.
- AES Eletropaulo
- AES Energy Storage
- AES Gener
- AES Solar
- AES Wind Generation
- Dayton Power and Light Company
- Indianapolis Power & Light Company
- Premier Power
- "AES Corporation, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 27, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.
- "AES - Frequently Asked Questions". Investor.aes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "AES Energy Storage". AES Energy Storage. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "AES". Aes Solar. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Home | AES | AES". Aeswind.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-07.