All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Motto||"Aarogyam Sukh Sampada"|
|Endowment||11.24 billion (US$180 million) per annum|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Dean||S P Dhaneria|
|Undergraduates||100 per batch|
|Location||Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur is a medical college and medical research public university based in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. The Institute operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India).
AIIMS, Raipur is located on GE Road, near the Tatibandh Gurudwara in Raipur.
AIIMS Raipur is one of the six AIIMS like apex healthcare institutes which are being established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY). These six institutions are being established in different ports of the country with the aim of correcting regional imbalances in quality tertiary level healthcare in the country, and attaining self-sufficiency in graduate and postgraduate medical education and training. The construction work at the AIIMS Raipur site was in full swing and by the time new session starts, nursing college building and hostel would also be functional. The additional seats would in a way help to correct the existing imbalance in the availability of public health resources.
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012
This All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012 has replaced the Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. Bill was then introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the Bill on 4 September 2012. Bill got its assent from the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 12 September 2012 and the Act came into force. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be autonomous body corporate on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi.AIIMS(Amendment)
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Aiims Bhopal to start functioning by July–Aug '12". Hindustan Times. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "City doctor to head Raipur AIIMS". Retrieved 2007-07-0.
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". The Pioneer. India. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- 100 seats for MBBS aspirants at AIIMS in Raipur - Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2013-01-08). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- 300 more MBBS seats to be added at 6 new AIIMS - Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2013-01-07). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu (New Delhi, India).
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times (New Delhi, India).
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012". Ministry of Law and Justice (India). Retrieved 29 April 2013.