From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up abel or Abel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abel was a son of Adam and Eve in the Bible. According to the Bible, he was the first person to die, murdered by his brother Cain.
Abel may also refer to:
- Abel (given name)
- Abel (surname)
- Abel, King of Denmark (1218–1252)
- Abel, Lord of Langeland (1252–1279), Lord of Langeland and third son of King Abel of Denmark
- Abel of Tacla Haimonot, monk and saint of the Coptic Orthodox Church
- Carl Friedrich Abel (1723–1787), a German composer of the classical era.
- Niels Henrik Abel (1802–1829), a Norwegian mathematician and namesake for the Abel Prize.
- Saint Abel (fl. 744–747) of Reims
- Saint Abel (Syrian), patron saint of the blind and the lame
- Abel (DC Comics), comic story character
- Abel, character in the video game Street Fighter IV
- Abel, character in the Battle Arena Toshinden fighting video game series
- Abel, protagonist in W.H. Hudson's novel Green Mansions
- Abel, Mabel's brother and Buffy's husband in the 1976–2000 comic strip Motley's Crew
- Abel (crater), on the Moon
- Mount Abel (British Columbia), Canada
- Mount Abel, former name of Cerro Noroeste, California
- Abel Lake (New Zealand)
- Abel Lake, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Abel Pond, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Abel, Alabama, a place in Cleburne County, Alabama
Science and technology
- Abel (hominid), the name given to the only specimen of Australopithecus bahrelghazali
- Abel Prize, international prize in mathematics
- Advanced Boolean Expression Language, hardware description language for developing programmable logic devices
- Advanced Broadband Enabled Learning, Canadian project to use video conferencing in schools
- Abel (album), EP by Japanese rock band Unsraw
- Abel (film) (1986), Dutch film by Alex van Warmerdam
- Abel, Inc., Japan-based Dreamcast video game developer and publisher, founded in 1997
- Tropical Storm Abel, from the 1996 Pacific typhoon season
- Abelson, a surname
- Abell (disambiguation)
- Abele (disambiguation)
- Abels (disambiguation)
- Abelian (disambiguation)
- Able (disambiguation)
- Cain and Abel (disambiguation)
- Saint Abel (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Abel"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.