|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
New York City, New York, United States
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
Son of Sherwin Burickson, Abraham Burickson attended Cornell University, receiving a BA in architecture. In 2002 he moved to San Francisco where with actor Matthew Purdon he founded the conceptual art and performance group Odyssey Works. In 2008 Burickson received an MFA from The University of Texas Michener Center for Writers. He was the Risley Artist-in-Residence at Cornell University in 2010, and has taught at Centenary College[disambiguation needed] and Academy of Art University.
- 2010: Artist-In-Residence at Cornell University's Risley Residential College
- 2005-2008: James Michener Fellow in Poetry at The University of Texas Michener Center for Writers
- 2005: Fellowship, Millay Colony for the Arts
- Charlie. Codhill Press, 2010.
- Best New Poets 2008. Ed. Mark Strand. University of Virginia Press, 2008.