|Look up advisor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An advisor is normally a person with more and deeper knowledge in a specific area and usually also includes persons with cross functional and multidisciplinary expertise. An advisor's role is that of a mentor or guide and differs categorically from that of a task specific consultant. An advisor is typically part of the leadership, where as consultants fulfill functional roles.
In the UK, Ireland and Asia the spelling is traditionally adviser, though US spelling advisor is becoming increasingly common.
- Commodity trading advisor, any person who engages in the business of advising others
- Financial advisor, also known as a financial planner, a practicing professional who helps people to deal with various personal financial issues through proper planning
- Financial Management Advisor, a professional designation of the Canadian Securities Institute
- Investment Advisor, an individual or firm that advises clients on investment matters
- Registered Investment Advisor, an individual or firm who has registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or state regulatory agency in connection with the management of the investments of others
- Tax advisor, an expert in tax law
- Chief Advisor, the Head of State in Bangladesh during the 90 day Caretaker Government
- Financial Advisor to the Chief of Staff, the head of the Budgeting Directorate of Israel’s Ministry of Defence
- Legal Advisor (Office for the Administrative Review of the Detention of Enemy Combatants), part of the team tasked to conduct Combatant Status Review Tribunals of captives detained in Guantanamo Bay
- Military or combat advisors, soldiers sent to foreign nations to aid that nation with various military tasks
- Ministerial Advisor, a person appointed to advise relevant minister on the highest levels of the relevant portfolio/ministry.
- National Security Advisor (disambiguation), the chief advisor to a national government on matters of security
- Royal Advisor, a person who serves as an advisor to the Royal Family.
- Senior Advisor, a person appointed to advise on the highest levels of national and government policy
- Women's Affairs advisor, a female officer in the Israel Defense Forces, in charge of promoting freedom of opportunities for women soldiers
- Broadband & Internet Advisor (originally Internet Advisor), a magazine which provides articles, news, and reviews relating to Internet technology
- The CPA Technology Advisor, a technology magazine for accounting and tax professionals
- Resident Advisor, an online electronic music magazine dedicated to the global dance music scene
Specific advisory companies
- Amaranth Advisors LLC, an American multistrategy hedge fund
- Dimensional Fund Advisors, an investment firm that develops mutual funds grounded in academic research
- Greenfield Advisors LLC, a real estate and business consulting firm in Seattle, Washington
- State Street Global Advisors, the investment management division of State Street Corporation
Specific advisory services
- Dipmeter Advisor, an early system developed to aid in the analysis of data gathered during oil exploration
- McAfee SiteAdvisor, an Internet service that warns users that a site may make them victims of malware or spam
- MIT Design Advisor, an online tool for exploring the energy performance of building designs
- Academic advisor, an employee of a college or university who helps students to select courses or an academic major, and engaging in short term and long term educational planning (in some countries, the professor who offers a student academic/methodologic assistance to prepare the work/thesis job necessary to obtain the degree).
- Doctoral advisor, an advanced member of a university faculty whose role is to guide a graduate student.
- Combine Advisor, a fictional creature from the Half-Life series.
- Customer service advisor, a generic job title in the service industry, principally used in the United Kingdom
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor, a qualification required of chemical distributors and storage companies throughout the United Kingdom relating to packing and labeling of hazardous materials
- Legal advisor; that is, a lawyer who gives legal advice
- Technical advisor, an expert in a particular field of knowledge, hired to ensure that this area of knowledge is portrayed accurately in a movie
- Technical Design Advisor, a person is charge of advising in technical aspects of information technology design
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.