From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This disambiguation page is currently linked from a large number of articles. Please help direct these ambiguous links to articles dealing with the specific meaning intended. Dab solver can be used to fix these links. (July 2014)|
|Look up agouti in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Agouti refers to a number of species of Central and South American rodents:
- Common agoutis, members of the rodent genus Dasyprocta
- Acouchis, members of the genus Myoprocta, also known as tailed agoutis
- Pacas, members of the genus Cuniculus, formerly Agouti
The term may also refer to:
- Agouti gene, a gene responsible for determining whether an animal's coat is banded or solid
- Agouti signalling peptide, a circulating hormone produced by the Agouti gene that acts like an antagonist at melanocortin receptors
- Agouti-related peptide, a neuropeptide produced in the brain by the AgRP/NPY neuron
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.